• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

System Sound Bar

Da grunj

TRIBE Member
Please change the name of your club because the sound in there abolutely SUCKS!!

or,

Fix the problem! I'm sure you dumped a fair chunk of cash on your system, but it REALLY does sound bad. Maybe I'm spoiled from $500,000 systems in other clubs, but EVEN comfort zone and Element sound way better than System.

Its brutal.

end of bitch session,
GRj

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

kennyboy

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Da grunj
Please change the name of your club because the sound in there abolutely SUCKS!!

or,

Fix the problem! I'm sure you dumped a fair chunk of cash on your system, but it REALLY does sound bad. Maybe I'm spoiled from $500,000 systems in other clubs, but EVEN comfort zone and Element sound way better than System.

Its brutal.

end of bitch session,
GRj
Here's an idea. Don't go there if you don't like it. End of discussion.

Mr_Furious

TRIBE Member
Re: Re: System Sound Bar

Originally posted by kennyboy
I agree.

I think a big reason why the rave scene disbanded is due to people becoming bitter and jaded.

There's too much complaining and not enough comradery.

sugar

TRIBE Member
Re: Re: System Sound Bar

Originally posted by kennyboy
I have actually stopped going there for this very reason. Even wearing earplugs did nothing to ease the pain of the sound.

Mr_Furious

TRIBE Member
The DJ System in the VIP room is in such rough shape. The pitch on one turntable constantly wanders, so you always have to have your hand one it. Also, with the very same turntable, some records make the needle bounce like crazy. Even with the weight all the way forward.

All that being said, I STILL love working for, and playing at the club. The patrons and staff are top notch, and it will continue to be my second home.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Isosceles_CAT

TRIBE Promoter
Re: Re: Re: System Sound Bar

Originally posted by Mr_Furious
I agree.

I think a big reason why the rave scene disbanded is due to people becoming bitter and jaded.

There's too much complaining and not enough comradery.
Or maybe it was because people stopped caring about throwing quality parties, and only tried to make as much cash as possible?? Hmmm....

Or maybe it was seeing the biggest morons you used to go to high school with carrying soothers and glow-sticks.

Eclipze

TRIBE Member
i just wish a club owner in this city would realize that sound is just as important, if not more important than decor

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

derek

TRIBE Member
i know where da gunj is coming from. unfortunetaly, sysytems system does not compare to the setup in montreal clubs at aria, metrodome (one of the best system in n.a.), etc.

it's not a bad system, but it's prolly in need of some upgrades. i still enjoy myself there though.

anyone remember the system carl allen put together at SOS on spadina. that was ill.

peace,

derek

funkinbeats

TRIBE Member
As long as hordes of people flock there with their bling bling every weekend to see top notch djs and what not, I don't see them upgrading their system anytime soon.

Spinsah

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Mr_Furious
Sometimes I wonder about subjectivity of sound and the arbitrary opinions people sometimes make.
hardly.

good sound is actually far from subjective. sure there's going to be some debate on how to approach massive installations in clubs, but even then if it's truly of good quality then the debate becomes one that only real sound-tech-nerds can get really into. just look into all the Stereo uprgrade threads. i'm not going to pretend to understand a lot of that jargon. i do however know that system has a sound that is sub-par for a club of that size.

now, if you want to talk about subjectvity or perhaps even objectivity (;)), may i point out that you dj at system regularly and likely have some vested interests.

or am i now dimantling the rave scence with my critical opinion?

gimme a break.

tribe magazine legacy photo exhibit

derek

TRIBE Member
on another note.

i think we should all to system on saturday to hear for ourselves (plug).;)

i'll be recording all the sets. and some of boys from back in da day are security (it's nice to see old friends)

chipotle

Well-Known TRIBEr
System is nice.

The soundsystem is alright.

I always have a good time.

I like the music they play on some nights.

coleridge

TRIBE Member
System Soundbar has been around for almost 5 years, that's a long time. Many clubs have come and gone in that period.
That said System is not sitting on their laurels, changes are coming. How much I don't know, but we've all been promised that there is upgrading/renovating coming.

It still remains one of the best clubs in this city and I think that has to do with the staff and the patrons of the club. No matter how great the sound system and lightshow, the people in the club are still a vital factor. I think lots of people love it ... but at the same time as something you love you want to see better for it. So hold tight, things are supposed to happen!

PosTMOd

Well-Known TRIBEr
The sound there is so shitty, I just never go any more. I can't enjoy myself there without loading up on a handful of drugs... that's how bad the sound is.

Horrible, horrible, horrible... system sound-like-shit bar is what it's really called.

tribe magazine legacy photo exhibit