• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

system new years blowout...

djcheezwhiz

TRIBE Member
well, ended up at system around 2am & had a blast...what a fun night...a great vibe in the club, & as mentioned in all the roll call threads there is something truly special about the residents we are so fortunate to hear week in & week out, be it at breathe or bang...the club definitely had a solid vibe, & everyone was having lots of fun...

spent the majority of evening in the side lounge where matt played an incredible set...some great tunes & the entire room was moving & shaking to his music...a really great feeling, & so much fun to dancing...

continued on with a really solid afterparty crew which was so much fun...thanks to our wicked hosts & the new set up is solid...

pleasure to spend new years with such great company...thanks to system for truly having the best atmosphere & staff in the city...

j "cut the bass" c :D

man_slut

TRIBE Member
Coleridge is the man! Had a frigin blast. Thanks to Cheeswiz, Coleridge and Korben for ripping up our tables. That after party rocked!

tobywan

TRIBE Member
Rolled into System around 1am, and the place was jumpin'....Stretch and Hooker had the main room funkdified, and I remember how many balloons I saw when I was walkin' thru...

I've never heard much of Evil P before, but I was lovin' every minute of his set...he dropped tracks like Nalin and Kane - Beachball, Despina Vande - Gia, as well as Underworld - 2 Months Off....the crowd and atmosphere was terrific, and all 3 rooms had a great vibe to them over the course of the night.

My fav track of the night though belonged to this breakbeat using the sample of Underworld's - Cowgirl, with Sean Paul's "Gimme The Light" lyrics overtop...brilliant track.

T.O.B'

stickball

TRIBE Member
Had an amazing time on nye. Couldn't have asked for a better party to ring in the new year. We spent pretty much the entire night in the side lounge area. The music in there was just a little more my taste, housier i guess. (And no balloon strings hanging in your face either!)

Met some cool people and introduced myself to some familiar faces, had some of those crazy conversations with absolute strangers...the vibe was very friendly all night.

The fire alarm going off for about five minutes was a little disruption, but of course people just kept partying. And then shortly after, following firefighters through the crowd in full gear, was hilarious!!!! Just one of things you don't see every night.

They had these people on stilts come walking through the main room at one point. They were all covered in masks and sheets and just basically walked around the main room with thier heads just under the ceiling. It was a cool touch...not to sure exactly what the meaning was, but seeing System do some extra stuff for an nye party is all good.

We stayed till just before 8am....the place was still fairly busy. It's nice to see people sticking it out for nye. Let my friends talk me to going to the zone after.....seeing the big ass line and $40 cover changed those plans in a hurry, so we just called it a night.

It was just good times all around.
:D

mike

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Incrimin8

TRIBE Member
Sounds like a wicked time! Wish I had made it. The W&S afterparty would have been a treat...DJ Manslut in the house! Still kicking myself for not pop'n by.
You two are awsome!

Best wishes for 2004 to everyone!

ciao ;)

stretchandhooker

TRIBE Promoter
A Family Affair this certainly was!
So many familiar faces with a vibe that reminded
us of the parties back in '98.
Thanks to everyone that
showed their love, and help make this a great start to the new year !
Happy New Year
S+H

LadyLinzee

TRIBE Member
Another night in paradise!

I agree with s&h - NYE at System was definitely a family affair! The ladeez were looking gorgeous, the guys all smiles and it was hugz all round! I saw so many people I haven't seen in a long time - and so many people I was looking forward to see. The music was fantastic in all the rooms - nice to have such variety and such quality at the same time! The decor was amazing - well done Chris A & Co ... :)

When midnight hit the night the energy seemed to go up a notch -not that I thought it was possible! I don't think i've ever heard so many screams and shouts throughout the night ... and when I finally left in the wee hours the place was still packed!

Well done to the System crew for putting on what I think was the best NYE party in Toronto - but then again ... i'm bias! The T-shirts were amazing ... and I know for a fact the hats were worn well into the after-party festivities!

For those of you who didn't get a CD ... a copy should be up on the System Soundbar website shortly.

Linds x

Smiley Jo

TRIBE Member
If 2004 is going to be anything like the night it started, then there's an amazing year ahead!!

Wasn't sure what was in store spending New Years @ System but it turned out to be one of my all time favorites!
The club looked great! Nice job with the decorations, balloons everywhere... a nice backdrop for all the gorgeous party goers! Almost everyone got dressed up - even the boys!! *rowr* Stretch & Hooker had the main room bumpin' as everyone was gearing up for the countdown.

Most of my evening was spend in the VIP room (well most of it past midnight for sure - as I don't quite recall the previous hour or so due to my "overly enthusiastic" pre-drinking... oops! :D )
It was super crowded in there, but no one cared! I honestly didn't know that so much energy could fit into that space - everyone laughing, dancing, and screaming - it was incredible! There's no doubt as to who can be held accountable for creating that fabulous vibe... Lady Linzee! What a fantastic set - nothing better than ringing in 2004 with some super funky, hands-in-the-air house and feel good vocals! With a performance like that starting off her year, it's a safe bet that Lady Linzee has exciting things in store for 2004, so keep an eye out!

The thing that really made the night special was being able to ring in the New Year with so many of the people I care about beside me. <insert mushy stuff about how much you all mean to me - to spare the other review readers> Thanks guys. ;)

Props to System & everyone involved - this was one for the books! :D

SJ

man_slut

TRIBE Member
Oh how could I forget about the breaks room! Chu, Saddler, Red Turtle ect... you guys made the night groovy as hell.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Cri

TRIBE Member
This really was a wikkid night...
this is far from a proper review but..

The company and the venue/music made for one of my best all time new year's nights!

:):):)

MOD ONE

TRIBE Member
Re: Another night in paradise!

Originally posted by LadyLinzee
I agree with s&h - NYE at System was definitely a family affair! The ladeez were looking gorgeous, the guys all smiles and it was hugz all round! I saw so many people I haven't seen in a long time - and so many people I was
Linds x
Yeah I loved it when you see all the smiles. That's when you know it's going to be a really good night and vibe is going to be insane! I couldn't ask to party at any other place other than System it Rocked and set up for a great after party. Matt your set was great I went back and forth to the breaks and the VIP and was so happy about the music you guys where pumping out of those speakers. Linds you’re a maniac on those tables and you always get the crowd into it.

Big League Chu

TRIBE Member
This was the best night I've had at System. Surrounded by friends and good party vibes. All the sets I heard were going off and the crowd was eatin it up.

Originally posted by MC Bias

My fav track of the night though belonged to this breakbeat using the sample of Underworld's - Cowgirl, with Sean Paul's "Gimme The Light" lyrics overtop...brilliant track.
Saddler allowed me to get back on the decks at 4 am for a couple mixes as Turtle and Bobby were partying about. I was pretty tipsy but I remember dropping Atomic Hooligan remix of Underworld's Rez and the Gimmie the light Accapella on top. Its not a remix its two records. wow was it hot back there.

:)
Happy New Year All!!!!

dj Red Turtle

TRIBE Promoter
The theme of the night was very fitting : "Family Affair". Being surrounded by good friends and regular System goers was such a treat. There were smiles on every face that I met. Music was rocking and dancers were boogying. I had a blast. :D

Torso

TRIBE Member
Awwww, Kev... (you were the worst date ever, but I love ya anyways)

I spent most of the night in the back room, working up a sweat, bustin' my ass to the breaks. All in all, a great way to ring in 2004.
Happy New Year!

MOD ONE

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Big League Chu
wow was it hot back there.\
Yeah you should have seen my shirt it was like it got dumped in a bucket of water, but after a while I just didn't give a shit, and didn't even think about it. I noticed when they put that big guy smoking that spliff it took away the circulation of the fans. I remember when that thing wasn't there you had that one fan over the dj booth just hitting you with a nice blast of air.

MOD ONE

TRIBE Member
Victoria that's a classic Marcus pic good job. fuck!!!:D LMFAO Ok that's my brother to the right now who's that on my left? You still have to send me some of those pics I've been checking my e-mail and haven't see anything form you:(

Last edited:

~Loress~

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Torso

I spent most of the night in the back room, working up a sweat, bustin' my ass to the breaks. All in all, a great way to ring in 2004.
Happy New Year!
Nice pic! :p

What a great new years!

Kev needs tuuuuuuurtle juuuuuuice ;)

Was a pleasure meeting you Torso! :)

~Lori

Smiley Jo

TRIBE Member
Kay, I'm totally not expecting to hear anything from this post but on NYE @ System, I misplaced my camera.

It was only a disposable so no biggie, except for I mananged to score some really sweet pics of me and some friends before I lost track of it....

If anyone ends up with some shots from that night that they are uncertain of, please let me know!
(I know it's kinda vague but the pics might include shots of DJ's Finch, Ray Ray, Lady Linzee & Tribe board members Vinder, Jeremy, pr0nstar, terrawrist III & sweet_e if that helps at all...)

I have a voucher for free Kodak developing as well, so I will make sure you get it and you can use it for the next disposable camera you buy.

Thanks!!

SJ

terrawrist III

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Smiley Jo
Kay, I'm totally not expecting to hear anything from this post but on NYE @ System, I misplaced my camera.

It was only a disposable so no biggie, except for I mananged to score some really sweet pics of me and some friends before I lost track of it....

If anyone ends up with some shots from that night that they are uncertain of, please let me know!
(I know it's kinda vague but the pics might include shots of DJ's Finch, Ray Ray, Lady Linzee & Tribe board members Vinder, Jeremy, pr0nstar, terrawrist III & sweet_e if that helps at all...)

I have a voucher for free Kodak developing as well, so I will make sure you get it and you can use it for the next disposable camera you buy.

Thanks!!

SJ
GIVE IT BACK!
some great shots on there:)