• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

System: Lost and Found?

finary

TRIBE Promoter
Not to discourage you but...

2 weeks ago at system I almost didn't get my jacket back, and it WASNT lost. They simply couldn't find it in the mess of coats (great system huh?)

Looking for my jacket was taking up too much time they said, and to 'wait until the next day and see if it turns up'.

To me that says "you wait, and your jacket is toast"

So I convinced them to let me in there and look for it myself, and they did! (I was very surprised).

I found it, and all is well... but I wouldn't trust them farther than I can throw them.

/f

JESuX

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by finary
Not to discourage you but...

2 weeks ago at system I almost didn't get my jacket back, and it WASNT lost. They simply couldn't find it in the mess of coats (great system huh?)

Looking for my jacket was taking up too much time they said, and to 'wait until the next day and see if it turns up'.

To me that says "you wait, and your jacket is toast"

So I convinced them to let me in there and look for it myself, and they did! (I was very surprised).

I found it, and all is well... but I wouldn't trust them farther than I can throw them.

/f
Shitty beans, man... Problem is (I still can't believe they let me do this) they let me into the coat check to look for it myself. I sifted through all the racks, and couldn't find it.

I'm now almost positive that I took it off and left it somewhere.

Does system HAVE a lost and found???

mingster

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by JESuX

Does system HAVE a lost and found???

like a whole department? a lost and found office? ;)

i'm sure they keep found items in a box somewhere. if they don't decide to keep it first.

exrboy

TRIBE Promoter
I doubt they have a lost and found. There lost and found is a sketchy etard finding a nice warm jacket and saying, "Mine, mine, mine!"

If it hasn't turned up yet...it's probably gone. Sorry!

Nesta

TRIBE Member
i always wear my *shit* coat to clubs. i don't trust coat check or drunk patrons burning me with their cig.

SneakyPete

TRIBE Member
I left my jacket behind of one the couches that night, saved me $2.50 and the wait to get the jacket at the end of the night. Either I am smart or my jacket is crap that nobody wants.

Plato

TRIBE Member
my roomate lost stuff on friday too.

as we were getting checked to enter system, his credit card and debit card fell from his wallet. upon finding he was missing these items when attempting to withdrawl money, he checked outside, asked a bouncer, who recalled seeing them drop from his wallet but just failed to alert anyone of this. then he spotted someone pick them up.

we asked coat check/lost and found, we had security and staff radio each other to see if anyone had handed them into anyone. no luck.

so if anyone found david d.'s cards, and didnt hand them to lost and found, or find him to give them back; YOU ARE A JERK!

oh yeah, and our rent was due on monday so we (as in i) were freaked out all night that the money was gone.

anyways. jerks suck. hope you find your coat jess.

N30-p[l]a+0

JESuX

TRIBE Member
GUESS WHO GOT HER JACKET BACK?!?!?!

I'm having a wicked day, just thought I'd spread my sunshine and hope around to all.

:D :D :D

JESuX

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Torso
me too, me too! Yay!

Where was it?
I'm *such* a tool.

It was in the lost and found the whole time.

I hadn't even bothered checking since I figured out that I lost it because I took it off and dropped it when I was all drunk, as opposed to it being someone *else's* fault.

I had just assumed that it was TOTALLY gone, and that someone would have picked up a $200 jacket that was lying on the floor. Apparently, people are just as stupid as *I* am.

I went by today on my lunch and saw people restocking the bar, so I ventured in.

I was scared.

The end. :)

Destiny Productions

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by geminigirl
Email Orin, I'm sure he'll help you out.
Hmm.. I actually handed a coat directly to him that I had gotton by accident the weekend before and the owner (the headline DJ from that night) was told I never gave it back even though I emailed him to tell him they had iot and they said they wanted to get it back to them... on top of that, I never got MY jacket back as I was told it somehow had been sent to Element?? I should have jsut kept the headliners jacket! Ug.

coleridge

TRIBE Member
System checks all their voice mail. Might I suggest emailing system@systemsoundbar.com as well for anyone who has lost stuff.

The club does not steal things, I think System works very hard to NOT be like other clubs in this respect. If it's found in the club, it will be put aside indefinitely. There's a big box full of wallets, cell phones, keys etc... in the office. Everything small gets thrown in there.

Tuesdays are office days, there is someone in the office from noon on. As well Thursday through Saturday after 8pm you are guaranteed someone to be there.