• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

"Synchronicity"

squirrely

TRIBE Member
pretty pretentious-sounding word for those moments when things just *click* together in a sometimes enlightening, always pause-inducing kinda way.

ever experience any noteworthy coincidences?

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

tommysmalls

TRIBE Member
allll the time...well maybe not all the time, but it can happen pretty frequently - the more you experience synchtonicity, the more likely you are to experience more of it..

IgStar

TRIBE Member
yes, all the time.

moreso with certain people too. weird.

I also just watched "Serendiptity" this weeked, again
I love John Cusack.. Lloyd Dobbler (heart) :)

squirrely

TRIBE Member
syn·chro·nic·i·ty ( P ) Pronunciation Key (sngkr-ns-t, sn-)
n. pl. syn·chro·nic·i·ties

The state or fact of being synchronous or simultaneous; synchronism.

Coincidence of events that seem to be meaningfully related, conceived in Jungian theory as an explanatory principle on the same order as causality.

judge wopner

TRIBE Member
i saw deepak chopra when he was in toronto a few months back.

it was one of the best lectures ever, most of it had to do with syncronicity.

brilliant stuff.

the more you pay attention to it, the more it becomes part of your life

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

squirrely

TRIBE Member
most recently, as part of my search for a new place to live, i opened up my Renters News to a random page and jabbed my finger at a random listing and said "THIS is the place i am supposed to move." my boyfriend looked over my shoulder and said, "um that's the building i have been telling you about all week, the one i thought would be PERFECT for you."

out of alllll those pages and allllll those listings.....

not really "synchronicity" per se, but you know what i mean. kinda eerie.

*makes spooky noises*

gubydal

TRIBE Member
Synchronicity is when you notice the co-incidences that are pointing you in the "right" direction. Synchronicity happens all around us all the time... notice it, acknowledge it, act upon it, be thankful for it and you have found the Way... you're walking the path... ;)

Shawna

Caz

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by gubydal
Synchronicity is when you notice the co-incidences that are pointing you in the "right" direction. Synchronicity happens all around us all the time... notice it, acknowledge it, act upon it, be thankful for it and you have found the Way... you're walking the path... ;)

Shawna

like, wow man

judge wopner

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by caz
like, wow man

i used to know a guy named Caz in grade 3 or something, he was a few years older than us and he used to play soccer with us at recess and be all dominating, which was gay because he was so much older.

everytime id see old buddies years later we would have a laugh about Caz and wonder where is he is now....

if you were that guy, that would be real ass syncronicity...
ever go to metropolitan andre in mississauga.... ha!!

junglegirl

TRIBE Member
Do you think that synchronicity can point you in the wrong direction? Like if everything you see, hear, feel is pointing in that one direction so you think it must be right but do you think sometimes you are pushing it to make it the right decision? I dunno if that makes sense :D

squirrely

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by junglegirl
Do you think that synchronicity can point you in the wrong direction? Like if everything you see, hear, feel is pointing in that one direction so you think it must be right but do you think sometimes you are pushing it to make it the right decision? I dunno if that makes sense :D

i think that people look for signs to confirm what they believe to be true. like, if they feel they're on the wrong path, then they look for signs that will pull them off it. and vice versa.

but i think that *true* moments of synchronicity aren't so open to interpretation. they're more like a-club-to-your-head kinda moments.

Caz

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by judge wopner
i used to know a guy named Caz in grade 3 or something, he was a few years older than us and he used to play soccer with us at recess and be all dominating, which was gay because he was so much older.

everytime id see old buddies years later we would have a laugh about Caz and wonder where is he is now....

if you were that guy, that would be real ass syncronicity...
ever go to metropolitan andre in mississauga.... ha!!

this one time I was at school in missassauga and these young guys were all trying to beat me in soccer or something and then trying to say i was all dominating but really i was just retarded and thought that we were playing cricket.

Then i developed a complex because they would all laugh at me and wonder where i was now.

The Operator

TRIBE Member
Just be aware... as they say in the movie pie... the more you look for a pattern, the more you will see it everywhere.

Not that I don't love syncronicity. It happens all the time. I love thinking of something one day and then that thing happens the next. Or saying a certain uncommon word at the same time as the person on T.V.

defazman

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by gubydal

an explanation used by people who believe life has a purpose beyond our understanding.

Klubmasta Will

TRIBE Member
'synchronicity'

one of the best, and most important, rock albums of the 1980s. a genuine classic that was the high point in the life of one of the world's greatest bands.

9.5/10

Lysistrata

Well-Known TRIBEr
(psssst: "Pi" :))

Robert Anton Wilson has a lot of interesting things to say about the subject, if y'all are looking to delve more deeply into the arcanity of synchronicity. for a starter book I recommend The New Inquisition.

Lysistrata

Well-Known TRIBEr
Re: 'synchronicity'

Originally posted by Klubmasta Will
one of the best, and most important, rock albums of the 1980s. a genuine classic that was the high point in the life of one of the world's greatest bands.

9.5/10

I agree whole-heartedly.

DaPhatConductor

TRIBE Promoter
I had a few surprising instances right before my last move. They really changed the way I look at the world.

First: I was meditating in the graveyard at Parliament and Wellesley about accepting a life of poverty to be a musician. I had just decided that even if I never made it, and npbody listened to my music, it was no less valid, and that being creative was my nature, so I would just suck it up and just be amazed by beauty and spontaneity. I finished, and was walking through Jamestown when I hears these wierd plang plong nboises and kids laughing... I follow the noises to find these ghetto ass kids playing on a busted piano soundboard in the garbage. One kid is hitting it with a stick, and the other is dancing. Pure spontanous creativity in a heap of garbage, a perfect metaphor for what I was just thinking about. I start talking to them and they say all this wierd profound shit like "we aren't musicians, we're just playing" and "what else is there but to do it?" I question them further and one of them gives me an origami spaceship and then they take off.... I am flabberghasted.

Second: My last apaerment key could open my parents house (before they changed the locks last year) and would also open the apartment I was moving into.

Third: My last 3 phone numbers:
964-9995
264-5999
361-5959

Fourth: during that same move my old roomie moves next door to my childhood best friend who also moved the same month. They don't know eachother and both lived in very different places before that.

Then I started having these wierd dreams about reuniting with my estranged father who I hadn't spoken to in 8 years. I ignore them, thinking they're just wierd dreams. A month later he dies of a heart attack before I could forgive him.

Moral of the story: Pay close attention to synchronicity and instinct, but not so much that you drive yourself mad.

squirrely

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by BigBadBaldy
Off topic, but why would you qualify a word as being "pretentious"?

How is the word synchronicity pretentious, exactly?

i'm not sure how to explain it, exactly. some words just kinda.....*sound* like what they are. "synchronicity" just seems so......GRAND or something......for something that always feels so neat and simple.

does that make any sense?

no?

didn't think so.

starr

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by junglegirl

pssst....the unbearable lightness of being

i like the idea of synchronicity, but i do think it's a little overrated, but i LIKE IT ANYWAY :)

J e l o

TRIBE Member
Re: 'synchronicity'

Originally posted by Klubmasta Will

9.5/10
agreed! The Police are killer.