• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Switch aka Dave Taylor

Prickly Pete

TRIBE Member
Anyone know if he has a website? My google skills suck apparently cause I can only find little snippets about him. I am trying to find out if he is going to be in Miami this year as I would like to hear him spin.

tonep

TRIBE Member
Prickly Pete said:
Anyone know if he has a website? My google skills suck apparently cause I can only find little snippets about him. I am trying to find out if he is going to be in Miami this year as I would like to hear him spin.

i saw him billed at a party in Miami, it was on the M3 list somewhere. i'll see if i can find it again for ya.

JOSHB

TRIBE Member
Try a search for Solid Groove and see what you can find. I seem to remember a site. I would be interested in seeing him for sure. Post your findings!

tonep

TRIBE Member
Venue: MYNT Lounge
Talent: David Guetta,Switch,Pendulum,Krafty Kuts,Evil Nine,Donna D'Cruz,Donna D'Cruz
Address: 1921 Collins Ave, South Beach, Miami, Florida Miami Beach 33139
Time: 10:00 pm - 5:00 am
Presented by: Prohibition meets Dex-Ray/Cement Events
Admission:$15
WMC Badge Policy: $15
Venue Type: Club
Details:What? Prohibition meets Dex-Ray/Cement Events brings international talent to the table to bring you a party that will no doubt end the event as a legendary one… get in there quick… Hosted by Caroline Prothero (Prohibition) and Amy Thomson (Dex-Ray/Cement Events) – promoters of many Miami roadblocks including Fatboy Slim at the Nash Hotel, the infamous ‘Missdemeanours Mutiny on the Bounty’ party and events/after-show-parties for Positiva, Dancestar, Underwater, Subliminal and Ministry of Sound – this promises to be an event not to be missed. Who? David Guetta – Grammy nominated producer and the man behind the infamous F*** Me I’m Famous brand headlines room 1 alongside one of the UK’s hottest producers/remixers and indeed DJs - Switch, who will bring nothing short of the freshest upfront rude-boy house, as well as Rasa Music’s Donna DCruz – a DJ who brings cultural and spiritual influences to dance music… Currently the UK’s hottest drum and bass act Pendulum performs a special house set in Room 2 alongside Krafty Kuts - an acclaimed DJ and break-beat pioneer and whose album is due to drop in late May and of course Evil Nine – another Brighton based duo Deriving their musical flavour from multiple influences - hip-hop, punk, deep house, garage rock, techno and krautrock… And…? What’s the party for? To not only turn people on to Prohibitiondj.com - the leading digital promotion service for international tastemaker DJs including Soulwax, Josh Wink, Pete Tong, Deep Dish and Damian Lazarus et al - promoting labels including Ed Bangers, Kitsune, F*** Me I’m Famous, Because, Ovum, Underwater and Skint… but also to turn you up to the fact that Cement DJs – the British based DJ Agency representing Groove Armada, Tim Deluxe, Lottie, Krafty Kuts, Steve Angello and Sebastian Ingrosso – has merged with X-Ray to become Dex-Ray – touring not only the original roster but also Live tours for Groove Armada, Switch and Pendulum.
Contact Name: Info Phone:0044 20 7384 7372 Email: info@prohibtiondj.com

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

droops

TRIBE Member
I'd agree that Switch is on top these days. Anyone heard his remix of the Baile Funk artist Edu K? WOW. He is also half of Solid Groove. Also the Switch mix of Playgroup's Front 2 Back is nasty, funk fuled, trippy good times. Sus that shit out, kids. His label is Dubsided. I'm sure that you've all heard A Bit Patchy? Itsamples the infamous Apache and tears it a new one with a sub bass line that makes you wiggle like, well, a wiggler......
DOH!

AshG

droops said:
I'd agree that Switch is on top these days. Anyone heard his remix of the Baile Funk artist Edu K? WOW. He is also half of Solid Groove. Also the Switch mix of Playgroup's Front 2 Back is nasty, funk fuled, trippy good times. Sus that shit out, kids. His label is Dubsided. I'm sure that you've all heard A Bit Patchy? Itsamples the infamous Apache and tears it a new one with a sub bass line that makes you wiggle like, well, a wiggler......
DOH!
Solid Groove is purely Dave, as is Switch.
Though Trevor Loveys ain't no slouch either. ;)

Rude1_247

TRIBE Member
AshG said:
Solid Groove is purely Dave, as is Switch.
Though Trevor Loveys ain't no slouch either. ;)
The association between Trevor and Dave is Soul Sides, a project they collaborate on.

Dave is a little manic when it comes to the aliases, he also has releases under Modeler as a solo act, and Solitaire and Induceve as partnerships with Lewis Dene and Jesse Rove respectively.

Skipper

TRIBE Member
Truthfully I'm getting a little tired of the switch sound. I can't remember what track it was that I checked out recently, but it was too glitchy and broken. I felt like I was coming down from a really long night of speed.

oeretS

TRIBE Member
yeah the switch remixes are getting a little tiresome for me too, always a long breakdown and when the beat drops it's got some ungodly noise that makes me want to turn it down.

but.. love Trevor Loveys solo stuff, and the Dave's stuff under Solid Groove is usually wicked.

i really think their best work was back when they first started to get big - like 'Get ya Dub On', the remix of St Germain 'Rose Rouge' and the SG mix of Roy Davis 'All About Love' - these days it's just too squelchy for these old ears.

Agent Smith

TRIBE Member
oeretS said:
yeah the switch remixes are getting a little tiresome for me too, always a long breakdown and when the beat drops it's got some ungodly noise that makes me want to turn it down.

but.. love Trevor Loveys solo stuff, and the Dave's stuff under Solid Groove is usually wicked.

i really think their best work was back when they first started to get big - like 'Get ya Dub On', the remix of St Germain 'Rose Rouge' and the SG mix of Roy Davis 'All About Love' - these days it's just too squelchy for these old ears.
Clean out yer box, beeeotch!!!

Spinsah

TRIBE Member
I haven't really been feeling a lot of the switch stuff. I appreciate it, but I can't reaaaaally get into it.

Oliver Huntemann on the other hand, has really been floating my proverbial boat.

AshG

oeretS said:

yer gettin too old!

ha ha.

actually you know most people don't even listen to the b-sides of these records.
there's some dope deep and even downtempo shit they put out too on these releases.

oeretS

TRIBE Member
almost forgot, "Getondownz" is a hypnotic masterpiece

it's true mike, i am getting old - and it's whippersnappers like you that are making my hearing disappear

*shakes cane furiously*

Last edited:

Rude1_247

TRIBE Member
Lovey's "left" switch in 2005, but his solo shit has always been dope. He's been doing house, breaks, and hip-hop for ages.... his shit with House of 909 was reedikorus.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories