• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Swirsky and Leo get B from SI

crazedcanuck

TRIBE Member
Aside from Chuck's cliche's, they are a decent combo, as is Armstrong.

A lot of announcers catch flak up here, but after listening to a lot of the feeds for the other teams on satelitte, I'd say we're pretty lucky.

dicksherwood

TRIBE Member
the boston celtics guys are the worst, I hate how they call them the C's...the heat guys are horrible too except I like how the one guy says "THE DIESEL!" when Shaq does something big...anybody that says "we" should be banned

marv albert and mark jackson do a great job with the nets, seen a lot of nets games this year and they're always entertaining, obviously friends from jackson's knicks era

sometimes leo sort of mocks the swirsk, i dont like that but he does a great job of analyzing both teams and talking about both teams equally, jack is better, him and chuck are obviously friends and the banter is always funny but respectful and jack knows just as much about ball as leo. the swirsk, man I got love for the swirsk, he's cracks me up, I use his lines in my pick up games, he's knowledgable about the game, he's more of a homer now then he was but he's still not annoying about it, I like his style.

the best was back in the nbc sunday afternoon days when you'd get a bulls game every week for like 3 months...anyways it was the czar of the telestrator Mike Fratello and Marv Albert, those two should have done movies together, my god they'd have me roflcoptering all game.

deevah

TRIBE Member
BILL WALTON GOT AN A+!?!?!?!!?!?!?!

the man can't fucking get any of the players name's correct nor call the right plays?

if he says "throw it down big man", i'm gonna shove a red hot poker covered in the sludge frm 99's floor down his throat

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

2canplay

TRIBE Member
deevah said:
BILL WALTON GOT AN A+!?!?!?!!?!?!?!

the man can't fucking get any of the players name's correct nor call the right plays?

if he says "throw it down big man", i'm gonna shove a red hot poker covered in the sludge frm 99's floor down his throat
Yeah, Bill Walton getting an A+ is all you need to know about the reviewer. Chuck alone deserves an F. Jack isn't much better but Leo is OK.

Walton is the worst of the worst.

TECHno addict

TRIBE Member
I used to HATE Walton, but then his absolutely over the top comments started to get to me, in a good way lol. When he says things like 'Robert Horry, quite possibly the best clutch player this planet has ever SEEN', then his partner gives him the biggest 'wtf' response...... so entertaining.

Walton deserves the A+ just for that quality alone.

D1Willow

TRIBE Member
the biggest compliment for anannoucer must be when they bite your gear.
Swirsky, from what some stastes bound friends have told me , has been dug up by others taking the 'downtown Brampton' to their own 'burbs.
So far (and it would be hard to despute) that is among his many personal entertaining traits.
With the way the franchise has been, he has kept some fans watching for his personal antics alone. (sometimes not much other reason to watch, aside from the oposinhg team)