• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

swimming with sharks

headwinds

TRIBE Promoter
have you ever swam with sharks? cool or scary expereinces?

this is kinda neat -- They're trying to mate whale sharks in Georgia!1!
http://www.georgiaaquarium.org

Tom_Campbell461.jpg

the doods from jackass swam with whale sharks with shrimps in their skibbies...awesome.

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders
I have accidentally swam with sharks after falling out of a catamaran and recently in BVI.

We got in the boat when we saw them in both cases.

Had a trip booked to do a shark dive in S Africa, but it never happened.

the Doctor

TRIBE Member
I did a shark dive off of Maroubra, one of Sydney's many many beaches. We were dropped off shore with the dive leader and descended to the lip of a cave just off the coast. A pod (?) of grey nurse sharks essentially lived in the cave, which had a very wide openning, and so we were positioned about 10m away from the opening/overhang.

I remember the experience vivdly - the water was churned up a bit that day owing to it being very choppy. As we settled down outside the cave, we couldn't see much, but then as I focused I could make out these large, grey, nebulous shapes, swimming back and forth like they were pacing. There were 4 or 5 at the time, and they would take turns swimming to the front of the cave, somtimes coming straight towards us. they'd get maybe 5m away when they'd veer off ... unfuckingbelievable.

After diving the GBF a number of times, I find it fascinating to think that underwater animals congregate and arrange themeslves much like we do. Dive leaders know that if you go to this rocky outcrop, you'll find the neighbourhood octopus somewhere nearby, or right under this particular ledge, lives a family of crayfish.

kyfe

TRIBE Member
my friend swam with white sharks i think, in Austrailia

but get this he was high on E while he did it and no cage.

he was/is totally fucked I have a pic of him underwater with the shark zooming above his head.

Soulster

TRIBE Member
headwinds said:
Tom_Campbell461.jpg

the doods from jackass swam with whale sharks with shrimps in their skibbies...awesome.

i swam with whale sharks off the West coast of Australia. Amazing experience.

We went out in the ocean on a boat, put on wetsuits and snorkel gear and jumped in the water when the captain said they'd spotted some. we jumped in and swam around... looking looking looking... where the fuck is it? it's suppose to be 8 to 14 metres long (or something)... how come i can't see it?... the water's murky... still looking... then all of a sudden, out of the murky depths...

HOLY SHIT! THAT THING IS HUGE!! Suddenly everybody is gesturing wildly at each other, pointing at the whale shark with wide eyes. :eek: It was really thrilling.

After that we had lunch - the biggest bowl of shrimp i've ever seen (I was in heaven.) and then headed inland a bit to a reef where there was at least a dozen manta rays. Got in the water and these things were just incredible!! They are like butterflies of the sea, but almost the size of you with giant mouths. Plus, they're curious, so they play chicken. Swim directly at you, and then at the last minute, veer off so that you see their vast white bellies.

Fantastic experience, and among the best I had in my 11 month stay in Ausland!!

lucinda

TRIBE Member
I caught a shark last week when I was deep sea fishing. Just a baby, (3.5 feet) but still, I CAUGHT A FUCKING SHARK!!!

Caz

TRIBE Member
I've been on several shark dives in Florida. Nothing vicious but pretty fucking cool, sitting on the bottom feeding them with a chain link glove.

Whale sharks would be ri-godamnned-diculous!!!

Bumbaclat

TRIBE Member
kyfe said:
my friend swam with white sharks i think, in Austrailia

but get this he was high on E while he did it and no cage.

he was/is totally fucked I have a pic of him underwater with the shark zooming above his head.

white sharks? of the great variety? that's crazy but must be amazing!