• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

swilly goes to Korea

swilly

TRIBE Member
HOLY FUCK i am bored in this place. Like, i dont know what it is. I have been here for some 3 weeks now and have still not met anyone interesting. There are 5 english pages for nari bong songs (karoke). No decent night clubs here As bad as the cunts were in japan they were at least sorta interesting in thier stupidity. At least it was kinda funny chattting with some dumb cunt who you knew was here only to meet girls. Same thing as some cunt who was there to improve his nintendo skills or even some cunt who actually thought nova was a job.

But honestly like in korea they are all fucking IDIOTS!!!!!!!!

Like would it kill to meet someone
1) whose travelling experience extended beyond southwestern ontario
2) who can actually use chopsticks. This takes the fucking piss like who goes to an asian speaking country not knowing how to do that like come on
3) Who dont frown upon going out for pints after work.

fucking hell

swilly

Last edited:

Thumpr

TRIBE Member
please come home to me swilly, i will learn chopsticks real good right here k ok.

i perfom, i perfom for yeux.

JEMZ

TRIBE Member
Rarely,

I have said it before. I loved Korea when I was there but A: I was in Seoul B: I had my wife with me.

I understand what Swilly says though, if I didn't have Jen it could have been very tough because of the wanker travellers and a very low personality culture such as Korea. Not to say all Koreans lack personality, but culturally in Korea the people are very straight laced and rarely go out of their way to make one feel welcomed.

Hang in there Swilly, I found the country is like a big secret handshake, once you know it life gets a lot better.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Ditto Much

TRIBE Member
Had a buddy who lived in Korea for ages. He said he didn't begin to enjoy it until he decide to to pursue personal growth rather than stagnation. He ended up spending the better part of a year training Soo Bahk Do and came back a completely different person.

I'm wondering if maybe your bored because you have discovered a dead end and you need to start an entirely new path of travel.

But hey thats just me living here in the middle of butt fuck nowhere surrounded by americans 24/7.

Gizmo

TRIBE Member
Big League Chu is currently in Korea for a gig (Saturday?) Why don't you seek him out and have a Tribe reunion in S.E. Asia.

lucky1

TRIBE Member
wheare are you in Korea?

My friend was in Seoul... (well Incheon actually) she met cool ppl (Korean and english teachers... most of the teachers were from New Zealand or Australia)... i went to visit her it was fun... Maybe you just need to give it time?

kmac

TRIBE Member
Dear Swilly the Wonder Indian,

Your tales are becoming less and less entertaining. Move back to Japan.

Love,
kmac

JEMZ

TRIBE Member
Gizmo said:
Big League Chu is currently in Korea for a gig (Saturday?) Why don't you seek him out and have a Tribe reunion in S.E. Asia.

I think Colin is playing in Seoul and Swilly is in Pusan that is a 5 hour train ride (although I have heard they have build a new high speed train that cuts the ride to 2.5 hours).

dstarr

TRIBE Member
Hi speed train to Seoul from Busan is only like 2.5 hours. and it's only that slow because the track between Daegu and Busan isn't as good as Deagu to Busan. So you can go to Itaewon for lunch if you want and it'll only cost you a few dollars. I loved Seoul when I'd be there... good restaurants... there was a great place in Itaewon that I think was called Our Place. it's at the far end on the corner on teh top floor. Bistro type stuff with good wines and prices and I saw pictures (I think it was Otis that posted them) of this SICK place I wish I knew about when I was there.

Things change so far over there... I left in May and my friend that are still in Daegu don't even go to the bars we went to. Also there were actually a few places you could hear decent tunes but I've heard there is no more house in Daegu. I remember going to a few good nights in Busan too.

But I agree that Korea is a great place to learn new things and grow as a person. Get outside, go to the beach, the aquarium (the one is Busan is cool). Hyundai beach or whatever is KILLER. Go to Jeju sometime that place is unreal.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

d.code

TRIBE Member
swilly said:
2) who can actually use chopsticks. This takes the fucking piss like who goes to an asian speaking country not knowing how to do that like come on

When I went to China- they were all very impressed by my chopstick handling skills. Every restuarnt I was in- id always get smiles and laughs and thumbs up and they would point at my hands. It was creepy but I enjoyed it.

StreetDreams

TRIBE Member
People who go to asia to teach english and experience the culture piss me off.
Its like what do you think your gonna find there that you couldnt find here working at McDonalds?

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders