1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Sweet... i'm off to Denver :)

Discussion in 'Breaks Room' started by The Electrician, Aug 22, 2003.

1. The Electrician

The Electrician TRIBE Promoter

2. todiefor

todiefor TRIBE Promoter

sugga is mad hot and that is my unitelligent input for the day, congrats on the gig, let us know how it goes - fuck i didn't even think anyone in denver would know what breaks are

3. Robb G

Robb G TRIBE Promoter

Denver has always had a breaks scene. One of my first all breaks mixed tapes was "Vitamin D live in Denver". It's full of all the classic tracks, the mixing isn't the hottest now that I re-listen to the tape but it was my fave for a long time. I remember seeing a flyer at X-static back in '95 that had John E headlining in Denver alongside Icey, Simply Jeff and others.

There has been a Denver - Toronto connection for some years (thanks mostly to Steve and Wayne Mealing). Tim Patrick, Mystical, Sniper, John E and Stretch & Hooker have all rocked Denver crowds in the past.

Congrats on the gig Wes!

Robb

4. KickIT

KickIT TRIBE Member

TOTALLY! I must've played that tape a million times. It was what got me into breaks. I listened to it again last year and was shocked at how sloppy the mixing was.

Anyways, congrats on the gig Wes. Do us proud.

*c*

5. ~Loress~

~Loress~ TRIBE Member

Way to go Wes!!! :D

~Lori

6. The Electrician

The Electrician TRIBE Promoter

Ya dude... Vitamin D used to hold it down there for years with his breaks...

I'm pretty excited although pretty freaked out about crossing the boarder. I havent been to the states since I got deported...
    I wont get into the details... but it was one of the shittiest experiences of my life.

deported = not allowed to go to the USA for business

fuckers... Now I have to flyer my records there first.

7. dj Red Turtle

dj Red Turtle TRIBE Promoter

Good job Wes. :D.

8. SkandalouZ

SkandalouZ TRIBE Member

Denver.. sweet..

have fun dood :)

9. DaPhatConductor

DaPhatConductor TRIBE Promoter

Nice one Wes!