• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

sweating it out pt. 2

rejenerate

TRIBE Member
The steam rooms and saunas at both my condo and my gym have been repaired, and I'm eager to use them...but I've never used either on a regular basis.

Anyone a big advocate of their use? I did a google search on "benefits" so I have a bit of an idea...but what's the difference between them, really, in terms of effect? Do I use them right after I work out, or wait a bit? etc. etc. etc.

They seem so nice and therapeutic, I feel like it could really help me.

~jen

Booty Bits

TRIBE Member
i can't breathe in steam rooms.
i only like doing them if i'm in control of the temperature/steam, i.e. in a friend's sauna. the steam room at my gym was always cranked to a really uncomfortable level for me.

oh, and i had one of the most exciting sexual experience of my teenagehood in that friend's sauna. a hubba hubba.

uh... thats all i have to say about that.

zoo

TRIBE Member
they -are- nice and therapeutic, my parents have a sauna in the basement, i've found it great to relax in

but i haven't used it for years

i don't think there is a huge benefit post exercising, i think it's just to relax :)

but then again i have no idea

the_fornicator

TRIBE Member
more heat == increase blood flow

increase blood flow == oxygen/nutrients/etc flow through your body more readily.

I used to use it as my pre-warm up routine at the gym (~30-40 minutes in the sauna). Just used to sit in there till I started sweating like a fat whore. Main reason for warming up is to get the muscles loose and blood flowing so it did the trick nicely. I didn't have to waste as much time doing warm up sets.

you can use them after too. doesn't really matter. both have their benefits.

chrisD in 3...2...1..

rejenerate

TRIBE Member
30-40 minutes? Yowza...sounds too long for me.

I love the smell of eucalyptus.

And I'd like to hear Booty Bits' sauna story, please.

~jen

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

zoo

TRIBE Member
i'm no booty bits but she gave me a great plan on using my sauna at home for similar "hubba hubba" purposes

i had actually forgotten that i even had one until this thread popped up

:eek: :p

the_fornicator

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by rejenerate
30-40 minutes? Yowza...sounds too long for me.
just like jogging in a sense. sitting in heat will increase your metabolism. the longer you sit in a sauana, the better cause after a bit, you start burning fat. but then there's health problems attributed with sitting in a hot environment for long periods of time... one also has to realize that a lot of the weight loss a person attributes to the sauna is not fat. A large majority of it is water... you can gain all of it back by drinking a gallon of water. the fat-loss thing is on a minuscule level but it strategically tied with other workout factors... can't exlpain too long cause I'm at work.

there are times where I used to take hour naps in the sauna. when I woke up

JayIsBored

TRIBE Member
and remember kids, booty bits is/was/will be quite liberal with her sexual experiences...so to be 'most exciting' there must have been harnesses and acrobatics involved.

Dr Funk MD

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by Booty Bits
i can't breathe in steam rooms.
i only like doing them if i'm in control of the temperature/steam, i.e. in a friend's sauna. the steam room at my gym was always cranked to a really uncomfortable level for me.

oh, and i had one of the most exciting sexual experience of my teenagehood in that friend's sauna. a hubba hubba.

uh... thats all i have to say about that.

Booty Bits

TRIBE Member
no, no, this was straight up 1 guy/1 girl teenage hotness.

there was this bucket filled with water and this big wooden spoon that was normally used to spoon the water onto the hot coals...

....sigh.

i will refrain from pulling a Killalady and stop there.

fuck i miss that sauna.

JayIsBored

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Booty Bits

there was this bucket filled with water and this big wooden spoon that was normally used to spoon the water onto the hot coals...
i can fill in the blanks

you put the bucket over the guys head, placed the spoon between your breasts and proceded to bang away at the bucket with the breastspoon while he analy pleasured himself with 2 hot coals.

am i close?

rejenerate

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by the_fornicator
just like jogging in a sense. sitting in heat will increase your metabolism. the longer you sit in a sauana, the better cause after a bit, you start burning fat.
Is there a way of knowing how long you should stay in it for? Like, before you pass out...I think at my gym it's a suggested 20 minutes for the steam room.

thom100

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by JayIsBored
i can fill in the blanks

you put the bucket over the guys head, placed the spoon between your breasts and proceded to bang away at the bucket with the breastspoon while he analy pleasured himself with 2 hot coals.

am i close?
dude, you're killing my fantasy sauna buzz. I had a perfectly fine image in my head before you had to go and plant that.

the_fornicator

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by rejenerate
Is there a way of knowing how long you should stay in it for? Like, before you pass out...I think at my gym it's a suggested 20 minutes for the steam room.
umm, till you feel funny, I guess. :p just joking.

honestly, I don't have a sniff.

20 minutes isn't enough to do shit. It's like taking a hot bath for 20 minutes. Won't do anything much. Suanas and steam rooms are all about the sweat.

You're a tiny chick so I wouldn't suggest anything over an hour... and also bring a bottle of water with you to keep well-hydrated. That's the biggest thing about saunas/steam rooms. Or else you'll get heat-stroke or dehydrated. Not a good thing.

Don't take my word for it though (on the time limit thing) since every sauna/steam room temperature is different. I can stay in the bloody things for a couple hours. Though when I stay that long I drink A LOT of water and take 5 minute breaks every 20 to 30 minutes.

you'd be better off with a google search on that one cause I don't know sniff about time limits. sorry.

Spades

TRIBE Member
Now I can't get sauna sex outta my head. Thanks.

I can see how increased blood flow can come in handy.

Dr Funk MD

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by JayIsBored
i can fill in the blanks

am i close?
See I would have put the spoon up his butt and then hung the bucket from the spoon and slowly filled it up with water..... but that's just me.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

the_fornicator

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by R4V4G3D_SKU11S
Would you go in before or after working out?
either or.

I used to go in for about 30 minutes before a hockey game to loosen up the muscles. NHL players like Gretzky, Lowe, Messier, and the lot used to do that before their games too (that's where my team got it from).

you can go after too... don't matter. each serve their own purpose.

JayIsBored

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Dr Funk MD
See I would have put the spoon up his butt and then hung the bucket from the spoon and slowly filled it up with water..... but that's just me.
and that's why you're so lonely

j/k, you're good people!

rejenerate

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by the_fornicator
You're a tiny chick so I wouldn't suggest anything over an hour...
Uh...maybe you're mixing me up with someone else...we've never met. I'm not tiny. :)

The Google searches I've done have mostly led me to companies and I'm looking for something more objective.

~jen

Dr Funk MD

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by R4V4G3D_SKU11S
Thanks for the info. What the fuck do you do in there for an hour though? Stare at the walls?
avert your eyes from the groin region of the fat naked guys across from you.