• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Sushi restaurant in Toronto with a conveyor belt?

rhyss

TRIBE Member
Weird question - I am not a sushi buff, however, my assistant said that she heard about a sushi restaurant in Toront that has a conveyor belt that goes around the bar. Anyone know about this? Sounds interesting...

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

SpaceBabe

TRIBE Member
I forget the name of the restaurant, but on the North East corner of Bay and Elm St there is a japanese restuarant with a conveyor belt.

That's the only place I've seen this!

eskimo

TRIBE Member
i believe there are a couple of sushi restaurants with the conveyor belt. Its a pretty neat idea, different types of sushi are on different coloured plates and they just go around in a circle and you pick the ones that you want and that at the end they add up your cost based on the type of plate you have (different types of sushi are priced differently etc.) There is one called Fune Japanese Restaurant that has one on Simcoe St, i've never been so i can't say if its any good.

CO2

TRIBE Member
this place is right in front of my place at Simcoe and Adelaide...its actually on these little boat things that float around the bar and you pick food off of them...pretty neat.

AgentSanchez

TRIBE Promoter
Fune is really good. Their prices at lunchtime are very reasonable.... their dinner menu is pricier but not cripplingly so.

Never been to Mochizuki, but I've heard good things.

Taro

TRIBE Member
isn't there one with little boats that come around on a little river?

or did I just see that in a movie?

deevah

TRIBE Member
rhyss said:
which one is better??

they're both good
both run by chinese

i know mochizuki can be pretty good as their sushi chefs can get creative with what they put on the belt. Not just your regular sushi/maki. Plus they do lobster tempura (off the menu, not on the belt)

VinylRach

TRIBE Promoter
eskimo said:
i believe there are a couple of sushi restaurants with the conveyor belt. Its a pretty neat idea, different types of sushi are on different coloured plates and they just go around in a circle and you pick the ones that you want and that at the end they add up your cost based on the type of plate you have (different types of sushi are priced differently etc.) There is one called Fune Japanese Restaurant that has one on Simcoe St, i've never been so i can't say if its any good.
very good. go with my office all the time.

KillaLadY

TRIBE Member
It's Fune Restaurant, York and Adelaide. Food is good, but overpriced - I guess we need to pay for the maintenance of the boats?? :confused:

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
I think it would be cool if the people were on the conveyor belt and the sushi stayed in one place...

Flashy_McFlash

Well-Known TRIBEr
KillaLadY said:
That's not fun... you know what's fun? Eating other people's sushi while it goes around to your side.
I think we ordered a la carte when we were there. How do people 'claim' sushi at Fune? Is it like luggage at the airport?

"That one's mine! Stop it! Stop it!"