• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

sushi lovers inside!

Soulster

TRIBE Member
yay sushi!

thanks Loress. :)

though it doesn't have my fave sushi restaurant, Mazz Sushi, on Bloor just a few steps west of Dovercourt (and conveniently located around the corner from my house).

small, pretty, very reasonable, and the freshest fish i've tasted in town compared to other modestly priced sushi places.

oh toro

TRIBE Member
if there are no japanese customers lined up at the bar, then the place is not worthy and should be classified as "McSushi".

Ditto Much

TRIBE Member
Name: Asahi
Address: 200 Carlton Street, Toronto
Phone: (416) 962-6565
Review: "Awesome... A hidden gem in Toronto... Terakki sauce is superb... "

I have to agree its a total hidden gem!

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

kittridge

TRIBE Member
sushi rock is a prime example of mcsushi. Probably why it's not in there. I found that their sushi is almost as bad as the shit they have in supermarkets.

glych t.anomaly

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Ditto Much
Name: Asahi
Address: 200 Carlton Street, Toronto
Phone: (416) 962-6565
Review: "Awesome... A hidden gem in Toronto... Terakki sauce is superb... "

I have to agree its a total hidden gem!

i used to live just down the street from it a gerrard and ontario i think.

amazing little place

[jai]

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Babes

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by ~Loress~
gonna check out Blowfish or Fune this weekend :)
Blowfish is by far one of my favourite restaurants in this city. Luckily I manage to eat there at least once a month, if not more. IMO, it blows Fune out of the water.

bushka

TRIBE Member
I had sushi for the FIRST time ever a couple weeks ago, and have been craving more ever since. I can't believe its taken me 27 years to work up the courage for what will now become a regular dining experience. Yay for Sushi!

Ps - thanks for the link

malicious motive

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by oh toro
if there are no japanese customers lined up at the bar, then the place is not worthy and should be classified as "McSushi".

word.

try Sushi-Kaji .....i was pretty much the only non-yellow in attendance last night.

it was all about the 10 course omakase Valentines dinner....i'm going back soon....just gotta give my wallet time to recover ;)

Hashimoto (near Pearson) is also top notch.....but dinner starts at $150 per person, omakase style

Last edited:

~Loress~

TRIBE Member
places i frequent & top picks from trusted ninjas:

blowfish
nami
fune
asahi
mazz
sushi island
new gen
sushi on bloor
junjun

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

KillaLadY

TRIBE Member
By far, my fav sushi place is downstairs of my building... the undiscovered gem and that's fine by me, because I don't like busy noisy places anyways.

dicksherwood

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by kittridge
sushi rock is a prime example of mcsushi. Probably why it's not in there. I found that their sushi is almost as bad as the shit they have in supermarkets.
clearly you're new

KillaLadY

TRIBE Member
blowfish is overrated, fune has good sushi, but it's overpriced and the boats are squicky, all-you-can-eat sushi load the plates with a ton of rice, so you get full easier.

Ichiban on Queens Quay... :)

sentence

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by ~Loress~
places i frequent & top picks from trusted ninjas:

nami
fune
asahi
mazz
sushi island
new gen
sushi on bloor
i've only been to ^these^ of the ones you listed, and i can tell you that the chef selection at OMI (basically you sit at the bar at chat with the chef while he feeds you till your full) blows all of the above away. ask for smoked soy with your meal. some friends of mine turned me on to this place years ago and i've never had anything near as good anywhere else. chef john lee takes sushi to the next level.