• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

sushi in the HAMMER?

Persephone

TRIBE Member
So, I want to get some decent sushi in Hamilton. I've been to Hoya and its OK. Akita blows, its the worst sushi I've ever eaten.

Any suggestions?

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

sweet_e

TRIBE Member
Good luck! i lived in the hammer for 5 years and still work here.
there is no good sushi here by toronto standards.

But if you have a car there is a place on the mountain just before Limeridge mall. Its in the little strip mall with the TD bank. i dont remember the exact name right now.

Enjoy:)

Sweet_e

Stormshadow

TRIBE Member
Osaka in the Barton Village on Barton (between Wellington & Wentworth) is the best in the city (haven't been there in a long time though, so hopefully it's still good).

There's also Matsu Sushi in Dundas that's supposed to be really good.
It's on 29 King St. in the centre of town.

I've been to the place near Limeridge, and thought it was awful.
But that was also a long time ago, so it could be good now.

sweet_e

TRIBE Member
For the most part all sushi in hamilton sucks ( in my opinion). i would rather wait and drive to toronto.

i've been to osaka and thought the service was horrible and the portions were tiny. I havent been to the place near limeridge in at least a year so i dont know what its like now.

if you didnt mind hoya, maybe just go with what you know.

DeepSix

TRIBE Promoter
That's Dado Sushi (the one near limeridge)

and yeah, Hamilton Sushi is second rate...but if you must, you must.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

DeepSix

TRIBE Promoter
Hey, I do it all the time...so it's no biggie :D

we should have a Hammer-tribe Sushi meet where we can all bitch about how we're not in Toronto...

lol

jk

DeepSix

TRIBE Promoter
Oh, it's not HORRID (akita is just funny)

There's just not a top notch one in Hamilton.

The city's demographics just can't support one I guess.

DeepSix

TRIBE Promoter
I don't know how far they go, but I like Le Chinois for take out - they're more mountain tho I think...

breaker/junglis

TRIBE Member
If you need to get your fill of sushi and live bellow da mountain and dont drive you catch da up wentworth bus to get to limeridge and there is a stop right across from da street from dat strip mall on upper wentworth