1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Surprise! F-35 fighters to cost twice as much as Harper Government suggested

Discussion in 'Politics (deprecated)' started by alexd, Mar 10, 2011.

1. JamesM

JamesM TRIBE Member

apparently they can't communicate with the Arctic either. Part of his plan to defend whatever resources might be up there!

Apparently the CF-18's are way more advanced in that capacity, since they're modernized and can communicate with moar satellites? wow. That seems to far-fetched!

whatever. They insist it will be ready for Arctic communication! but at what additional cost!

They can attach a large string with a tin can then.

Didn't anyone do research on this?

2. JamesM

JamesM TRIBE Member

hah.. we can't even mid air refuel them. Our system is obsolete!

3. Hi i'm God

Hi i'm God TRIBE Member

I'm not mad at the waste as much as I am that this is only getting attention NOW rather than during the election.

FFS Deja Fucking VU.

4. JamesM

JamesM TRIBE Member

gezuz christ..

bwhahahahah!

you know 10 billion here and there. It's just hard to track! You know..

wonder how many government jobs 10 billion would save.. or seniors pensions. etc, etc.. Nope, the money always had to "be there" for Fighter Jets.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2012
  5. Persephone

Persephone TRIBE Member

This makes the liberal sponsorship scandal look like peanuts. I wonder how voters who turned vehemently against the liberals feel about this supposed "accounting error"? Are they happy that they've elected a government that thinks it unacceptable to award self promotion projects without proper bidding processes, to the tune of ~$4million, but feels its ok to intentionally lie about the true cost of fighter jets and then pass their lies off as an accounting error?

6. alexd

alexd Administrator Staff Member

What can anyone do about a government that lies to Parliament, lies to Canadians, and does whatever it wants? Nothing really.

7. DJ Vuvu Zela

DJ Vuvu Zela TRIBE Member

^^ wake up and make sure they don't get re-eleicted.

if there was mass demonstrations then the government would have to reassess the way they're conducting themselves. but this being Canada that will never happen.

8. Wiseman

Wiseman TRIBE Member

Harper can go to hell.

Unfortunately 'Hell' in Canada seems to be 22 Sussex drive.

9. Boss Hog

Boss Hog TRIBE Member

Well you know democracy is working when people are so comfortable they can afford to be apathetic about politics... ch33se

10. Hi i'm God

Hi i'm God TRIBE Member

11. Hi i'm God

Hi i'm God TRIBE Member

12. Dialog

Dialog TRIBE Member

CBC: RCMP conducted 5-month probe into leaked F-35 story

13. Hi i'm God

Hi i'm God TRIBE Member

F-35 bill just went up (again): Tories spend $600K on KPMG audit of jet program | Canadian Politics | Canada | News | National Post

In before bbj's 'but, but, McGuinty...'

14. DJ Vuvu Zela

DJ Vuvu Zela TRIBE Member

15. JamesM

JamesM TRIBE Member

that was great. watched it last night. although the dude who was old and back from the past who was the super engineer on the a10 was a lot more on the conspiracy side of things and the f-35 is a shitty piece of old bricks. so I guess they made the best of the tools at hand.

old man yelling at chair. hehe

Last edited: Oct 1, 2012
  16. praktik

praktik TRIBE Member

yep was worthwhile - had me harkening back to Janice Stein's The Unexpected War, which revealed the extent to which horse-trading for American favour guides our policy-making... We all know what happened, Americans wanted us to be in so we went in on the F35 to make them and their MIC happy.

I just wish Canadians were a bit more open about how subservient our policy-making can be to American interests - I think here there is a bit of wilful denial and fantasy-making that we are somehow able to chart our own course freely...

17. acheron

acheron TRIBE Member

18. Chris

Chris Well-Known TRIBEr

What a cluster @($&*@#)_ Im so glad its has been cancelled, but how much money has been wasted in the meantime on a plane that we dont need? How much time and effort has been spent defending the governments position on this plane?

19. acheron

acheron TRIBE Member

honestly the CF-18 is a terrific platform for our conditions and there's no reason we couldn't just keep on keeping on with them perhaps in a Super Hornet mode. Christ for what they were (almost) willing to spend on the F35 we could buy a bunch of reconditioned CF-18s and keep them going for a decade or more.

20. acheron

acheron TRIBE Member

21. Bernnie Federko

Bernnie Federko TRIBE Member

Totally not cancelled, guise.

22. Boss Hog

Boss Hog TRIBE Member

No just gone back to the bidding table. Where it should have been in the first place.

23. octo

octo TRIBE Member

i read somewhere that a proposal was made at some point to redevelop the Avro Arrow

that would be cool

24. acheron

acheron TRIBE Member

25. Chris

Chris Well-Known TRIBEr