1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Surf gear for those who burn

Discussion in 'Guys Stuff Forum' started by sheik rock, Jul 28, 2010.

1. sheik rock

sheik rock TRIBE Member

So I'm going surfing for the first time this weekend, unfortunately I have a shaved head and I am captain sunburn. What should I wear on my head? Will a bandanna stay on?

2. alexd

alexd Administrator Staff Member

waterproof spf 30+

3. I_bRAD

I_bRAD TRIBE Member

I thought this was going to be a thread about how to keep your pot dry...

I shave my head now and then, like alex says use sunscreen and you're laughing.

4. R4V4G3D_SKU11S

R4V4G3D_SKU11S TRIBE Member

Yay surfing!

A bandanna will not stay on - picture getting into a fist fight with the ocean.

Waterproof sunscreen, re-apply whenever you come out for a breather?

5. sheik rock

sheik rock TRIBE Member

Sounds like a consensus. They have some ridiculous looking caps that tie on, but I think I will pass on those.
    [​IMG]

6. R4V4G3D_SKU11S

R4V4G3D_SKU11S TRIBE Member

You'll already look like enough of a retard your first time out, no need to add fuel to the fire :D

7. kyfe

kyfe TRIBE Member

Don't forget a uv shirt , especially this summer.

8. Liability

Liability TRIBE Member

Definitely a good purchase. MEC carries all styles and types of UV shirts that are great for surfing.

9. philly

philly TRIBE Member

Depending on the conditions and considering this is your first time, you should be able to wear a baseball cap if you feel the need for more protection. One with a Velcro strap would work well.

10. diablo

diablo TRIBE Member

Meshback cap.

11. acheron

acheron TRIBE Member

12. Sal De Ban

Sal De Ban TRIBE Member

most of your time surfing will be lying on your board on your stomach, so make sure your back is 100% covered.

and....holy shit surfing is HARD!!!