• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

suprnova.org

terrawrist III

TRIBE Member
.....is it not around anymore?...that was my source for torrents:(

anyone know of any reputable sites to steal my movies from??;)

philly

TRIBE Member
it's still around.. they even had a little makeover. i find that you can find some good divx movies on slsk. :D stuff thats come out on dvd already but it's still not bad. been able to dL a few movies in one nite. even the metalheadz documentary. ;)

terrawrist III

TRIBE Member
LOL...that's the only one I use to other than suprnova...I had a bookmarked page of all googled torrent sites and that was temporarily offline too....hmmmmm:confused:

Isosceles_CAT

TRIBE Promoter
It seems like its been up and down a lot over the past week... I had to watch Enterprise with commercials.

Last edited:
tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

terrawrist III

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by philly
it's still around.. they even had a little makeover. i find that you can find some good divx movies on slsk. :D stuff thats come out on dvd already but it's still not bad. been able to dL a few movies in one nite. even the metalheadz documentary. ;)
they all get together and give dillinja a circle jerk...OH SHIT sorry for ruining it for ya, philly!;) ....no, but they focus too much time to dillinja's bass methods but time has spanned and he hasn't really changed his tune so to look at him tinkering in the studio is a waste IMO...

I like suprnova and sites like that becuase they are there for you...no searching really and once you get a fresh one it comes in at great speeds...I got salvador and dark city at 120/Kps!

philly

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by terrawrist III
I like suprnova and sites like that becuase they are there for you...no searching really and once you get a fresh one it comes in at great speeds...I got salvador and dark city at 120/Kps!
nice... here's a link to other bittorrent sites. some are sites like suprnova and others are forums. very useful.

they all get together and give dillinja a circle jerk...OH SHIT
do they have footage??

Last edited:
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

koojmak

TRIBE Member
seems to be up again, mirror problems (yet again, not really that surprising)...lets hope they can work it out.....

Gunark

TRIBE Member
They've posted a message about server problems, and looking for a new server.

I can't believe this site is still up. Everyone and their grandma knows about it. It's probably the biggest source of piracy on the net now.

starr

TRIBE Member
suprnova had been crap for me all week

and tribe recommended sites other than torrectreactor?

pr0nstar

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Gunark
I can't believe this site is still up. Everyone and their grandma knows about it. It's probably the biggest source of piracy on the net now.
But the site is not actually doing anything illegal.
They are just providing information to my knowledge.

It's the ones trading that are at risk.

Kind of like a lot of other sites out there.
Like X-Box Scene, IsoNews, etc...

pr0nstar

Gunark

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by pr0nstar
But the site is not actually doing anything illegal.
They are just providing information to my knowledge.

It's the ones trading that are at risk.

Kind of like a lot of other sites out there.
Like X-Box Scene, IsoNews, etc...

pr0nstar
I dunno.. that's kind of arguable... the DMCA "Linking Law" says:

§ 512 DMCA - Limitations on liability relating to material online (USA)

(d) INFORMATION LOCATION TOOLS.—A service provider shall not be liable for monetary relief, or, except as provided in subsection (j), for injunctive or other equitable relief, for infringement of copyright by reason of the provider referring or linking users to an on-line location containing infringing material or infringing activity, by using information location tools, including a directory, index, reference, pointer, or hypertext link, if the service provider—

(1)(A) does not have actual knowledge that the material or activity is infringing;

(B) in the absence of such actual knowledge, is not aware of facts or circumstances from which infringing activity is apparent; or

(C) upon obtaining such knowledge or awareness, acts expeditiously to remove, or disable access to, the material;

(2) does not receive a financial benefit directly attributable to the infringing activity, in a case in which the service provider has the right and ability to control such activity; and

(3) upon notification of claimed infringement as described in subsection (c)(3), responds expeditiously to remove, or disable access to, the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity, except that, for purposes of this paragraph, the information described in subsection (c)(3)(A)(iii) shall be identification of the reference or link, to material or activity claimed to be infringing, that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to locate that reference or link.
(2) (C) would probably be a problem, since suprnova makes no obvious effort to delete illegal content (i.e. 90% of the links on the site).

And regarding (3), I don't know if they are making profit, but they ARE selling ad space quite successfully. I somehow doubt that they are going through all the hassles just to provide a charitable service to the piracy community.

Also, torrentz.com was shut down recently after receiving a cease and desist order. What they were doing was no different from suprnova.org (probably less infringing of the DMCA, if anything, since they were not selling ad space).

Gunark

TRIBE Member
P.S. I just checked, and it looks like torrentz.com has magically returned.

I wonder if just moving your server out of the U.S. is enough to get away from any legal troubles.

deep

TRIBE Member
yes, the DMCA only has jurisdiction in the US. This is why shutting down P2P as it is today is more difficult than it was with Napster, most servers are not in the US.

Suprnova generally isn't hosted in the US, they just have problems coping with the demands placed on servers/mirrors since it's the de facto bittorrent site.

starr

TRIBE Member
so i was freaking out for about 20 minutes after i read the message on suprnova

and then i thought - gadzooks it's april fools day

so for anyone else that's a sucker like me, relax it's probably a joke (I HOPE TO GOD IT'S A JOKE)

i switched to torrentz.com to get my download tonight, because it was a show from sunday

edit: and you're welcome :p

Last edited: