• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Superman Returns

Eclipze

TRIBE Member
movieimage_5258.jpg

Since the Man of Steel is returning to the big sceen in 4 days i felt he deserved his own thread.
I just got my tickets for opening day on the Imax (the only way to experience this movie in my opinion)
How will Superman Returns rank in the comicbook movie genre?
I have a feeling that this movie will be as good (if not a tad better) then Batman Begins and Spider-man 2.

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

bombthreat23

TRIBE Member
the movie is just ok...the scene where he saves the plane is INSANE and all the imax 3d stuff is off the hook...but it was like they realized brandon routh can't act and they give him no lines, just when you think there is going to be this awesome exchange they just cut away from him...anyway the set up for part 2 is awesome. I wish it was darker like Batman Begins....

Resolver

TRIBE Member
I hear Superman is gay in this one. And what's the deal with this IMAX3D? DO we have wear glasses or something?

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

bombthreat23

TRIBE Member
Resolver said:
I hear Superman is gay in this one. And what's the deal with this IMAX3D? DO we have wear glasses or something?
yeah but only a couple of times...a little logo comes on the screen telling you when to put them on, and when tot take them off..

rejenerate

TRIBE Member
Saw it yesterday at the Cinesphere...sadly it wasn't the IMAX print (stern e-mail from me forthcoming). However I thoroughly enjoyed it. Not sure Brandon Routh can act...he doesn't even seem to have much charisma. Oddly, like bombthreat23 noted, he doesn't seem to have much dialogue. The movie is just as much about Lois Lane and Lex Luthor. I thought Kate Bosworth was actually pretty good (never seen her in anything before but she previously annoyed me nonetheless) and I loved Kevin Spacey and Parker Posey.

While it isn't quite as good as Batman Begins, it is a very, very fun and very entertaining superhero film. Could have been cut down a bit insofar as length goes (this is nearly 2 hours and 45 minutes long), but the casting was downright perfect (big ups to Frank Langella who does an excellent job as Perry White, Clark Kent's editor in chief). Kevin Spacey was excellent and had a very good rhythm going with Parker Posey.

The only weak spot I thought when it came to casting was Kate Bodsworth. She's no Margot Kidder (but then again, given her recent mental state, Margot Kidder is no Margot Kidder anymore either).

lobo

TRIBE Member
Watched the movie last night....all I can say is that it was awesome! I enjoyed all 2.5 hours of it and didn't even notice the time go by. I think a lot of the guys are going to feel like a kid all over again especially during the opening credits. The scene where Superman has to save the plane from falling I thought was probably the best action sequence of the movie...there was just so much going on and the way it all wrapped was great. Definitely will watch this one again but in IMAX 3D this time.

Lobo

synchronizator

TRIBE Member
i can't wait. going tonight... i'm so glad they picked a no name actor... i hate when they try to cast big names for movies like this.

Galactic Phantom

TRIBE Member
Possible Spoilers!

It was a great movie to see in IMAX 3D. It had the feel of the both Superman & Superman 2 (title treatments, intro, etc). The 3D parts were great. I love the little things Singer put into the film for hardcore fans (picture of Superman like on Action comics #1, continuity from Superman 2, etc)

Routh did a good job imitating Reeve's awkardness as Clark Kent.

Overall this was an entertaining movie.

What's w/ the Aquaman PJs?

jungleboy

TRIBE Promoter
Starts out mega-promising and very true to the comic but the ending is totally pear-shaped and at well over two hours you are BEGGING for it to end.

Sad because it's really great at the beginning.

But I would still recommend it.

Routh is good. Bosworth is AWFUL.

Suite 909

TRIBE Member
i heard there was to much attention being drawn to Superman's crotch area, and they had to digitally reduce the size before the movie was released.