1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

SUPERHERO MOVIE UPDATES

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by Klubmasta Will, Oct 6, 2003.

1. Polymorph

Polymorph TRIBE Member

Nope. Just having fun running Movie analytics. But, what, nonsense? A quick fact-check will tell you that "Thor-Ragnarok" trailer will likely max-out at 28 million youtube views. Still, 3 million view-counts ahead of it's nearest 2017 neighbor, which would be Justice League, at 25 million views.
    So, the rest is just speculative. "Less is more". I think. That Thor teaser-trailer did it's job of getting everyone super-hyped and anticipated... (for the underdog superhero movie of the year).... soo....

2. Polymorph

Polymorph TRIBE Member

soooo..... why should Disney-Marvel blow another 10/20 million on marketing, when they already got the job done? Just thinking out loud here.

3. Polymorph

Polymorph TRIBE Member

Ok, Thor: Ragnarok just surpassed the 30 million view count. So... I was wrong. Thing still has legs. However, if one reads the Youtube comments, it is indeed because because people keep rewatching it as a Led Zeppelin music vid. + the Hela bad-assery.

Still, that's pretty good, no?

4. Wiseman

Wiseman TRIBE Member

[​IMG]

new suit for Spiderman (from merch not actually the film). Getting a lot of hate but I really like it.

5. basketballjones

basketballjones TRIBE Member

6. rave jedi

rave jedi TRIBE Member

Saw the free advance screening of "Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.2" at the Varsity Cinema last night. Anyone that didn't have passes stood in the rush line and everyone got in without problems. Actor Michael Rooker (Yondu) was also there pluggin the movie before it started. Can't wait to see it again at Scotiabank's IMAX theatre on Cheap Tuesday.

Don't wanna be too critical, but I feel it was on par with the first one. Some may disagree because the novelty has worn off, but I felt it was just as good as the original.

7. lobo

lobo TRIBE Member

The Defenders trailer is out.

basketballjones likes this.
  8. praktik

praktik TRIBE Member

I get the feeling you and me are a little more on the "charitable viewer" side...;)

Looking forward to it! Thanks for the review

9. Wiseman

Wiseman TRIBE Member

Inhumans cast photo (ugh)

[​IMG]

not impressed. Medusa is worst. I'm hoping her hair is actually all CG in the show and the above is just what they did for a costume shot.

10. basketballjones

as long as it isnt the same writers or director as iron shit. punisher better make an appearance

11. Did they get the costumes from a renaissance fair in the area? That looks terrible. Nearly laughable.

12. Wiseman

Wiseman TRIBE Member

it looks like shitty Cosplay.

13. basketballjones

medusa looks like morticia adams with constipation

14. basketballjones

15. basketballjones

16. Klubmasta Will

Klubmasta Will TRIBE Member

17. Wiseman

Wiseman TRIBE Member

So they showed actual Infinity Wars footage at D23:

http://io9.gizmodo.com/the-first-footage-from-avengers-infinity-war-blows-awa-1796948476

18. Klubmasta Will

^ I will avoid all trailers for AVENGERS INFINITY WARS, but I admit a read a bit of the scene descriptions when I saw that article last week (moment of weakness), and the descriptions sound incredible.

19. Wiseman

Wiseman TRIBE Member

One comment I read was that it was like playing with action figures when you were a kid. Getting all of them out and making up incredible scenarios and bashing them together.......and then someone made an actual movie based on that. Which is awesome!

20. KickIT

KickIT TRIBE Member

21. Wiseman

Wiseman TRIBE Member

No videos. They have not released the footage themselves and did not allow audience to film it. Haven't seen that anyone managed to secretly film it so I bet they took away devices.

22. Klubmasta Will

Seriously, though, why would you want to see any of this footage prior to seeing the actual movie?

I close my eyes and plug my ears now when trailers play at the theatre for movies that I don't need to be convinced to see. I wish I could make myself forget the written scene descriptions.

23. KickIT

KickIT TRIBE Member

Because I have no patience :) And it doesn't really bother me that much.

Wiseman likes this.
  24. Polymorph

Polymorph TRIBE Member

"The Gifted" coming up on Fox this fall looks really fucking great. Not a movie, but still, that trailer was kick-ass.

25. Klubmasta Will

26. Wiseman

Wiseman TRIBE Member

New Ragnarok trailer: