• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Super Flu @ Blk Box

tobywan

TRIBE Member
Very much looking forward to this coming Friday @ Blk Box. Super Flu (along with Andhim) have this unique style of house that I haven't heard from anywhere else. It's fun, bouncy and infectious. And it'll sound great on that Funktion One system.

Here's an example of their shenanigans...

[SOUNDCLOUD]https://soundcloud.com/super-flu-de/super-flu-watergate-2013[/SOUNDCLOUD]

alison87

TRIBE Member
I really hope to make it because i love that sound too. It's a real treat for Toronto because unlike techno and more "traditional" tech-house, there aren't really any local DJs who play it a lot.

I have to admit i don't actually own any Super Flu because none of their tracks grabbed me quite as much as other artists doing similar stuff. And that stuff is HUGE - literally every party i went to in Germany played it in the main room. The kids there just call it "tech house" or "deep house" when it dips below 124ish.

Some cool labels to check out on the deeper/more minimal side of things are Auditive, Laut und Luise, Fenou, Shoes Bags & Boys, maybe URSL... If you prefer the silly bouncy stuff check out Damm, Ostfunk, Finn, Powder & Louder... Plus you have the (according to Beatport) more popular ones like Katermukke, Supdub, Shaker Plates, Dantze, Stil Vor Talent, Upon.You, Highgrade etc. It probably won't all hit you in the same place, but if you're looking for more of that sound there is a wealth of it and it rocks.

dig this

TRIBE Member
Listened to a couple of Super Flu podcasts recently and really enjoyed them... Going to Boreal this weekend though, so not in the cards.

Thanks alison87 for more names.

oeretS

TRIBE Member
Andhim is knocking it out of the park lately, I will be front row center if/when they come to town. Super Flu is less inspiring to me, but should be a good jam!

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

alison87

TRIBE Member
Great Hall is a nicer space than Blk Box, though i wish they had the same sound system! I have a leaving-work thing tomorrow (a week late) so i might be too drunk to make it, but if i'm still walking at midnight this is a shoe-in.

erika

TRIBE Member
IThe kids there just call it "tech house" or "deep house" when it dips below 124ish.
Funny - I don't know how someone can call something tech house OR deep house (because I really don't like the first and really like the second :) )

I like this; it's almost got a disco feel to it.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

tobywan

TRIBE Member
Didn't make it, was out too late with the guys. How was it?
Unfortunately due to the passing tstorms over upstate ny/ontario/quebec friday evening, they had 2 flights out of newark cancelled and couldn't make it. Mike Gibbs & Nautiluss still made it fun though, but obviously there just wasn't the same anticipation for the night.

I'm sure they'll be back before the end of the year (hopefully on a double bill with Andhim).