• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Sundance Music Festival (Mtl)

Skipper

TRIBE Member
July 22nd weekend

confirmed so far are Lawler, Misstress B, and there are rumors of teneglia and calderone.

This is my bday weekend so it is tempting!! Beach club is where the events (or at least MB's gig) are being held which is in Laval and is an indoor/outdoor venue from what I understand.

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

Wiseman

TRIBE Member
Beach club rocks!!!!! Only ever heard pretty crappy house there though.

Fuckin dope huge outdoor patio is the whole venue!!!

Skipper

TRIBE Member
Holy shiite! the line up is pretty nuts - and the festival only goes from noon til midnight each day (Sat and Sun) - no all night business! *hoorah for old people like me*

Teneglia, Lawler, Misstress B, Victor Calderone, manny lehman, Sean Miller, and others!

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

s1k

TRIBE Member
i hope they have some sort of a shuttle service because it's hard to get out there, you'd have to rent a car or something.

kyfe

TRIBE Member
Skipper said:
If I can get a ride, I'm there. I can't fork out for the train three trips to Mtl this summer.

IF I have room you are more than welcome to join us, I probably won't know for a bit though.

anyway source me out at lazy daze and we can chat about it

s1k

TRIBE Member
i dunno if these dj's are a good choice for an outdoor music festival....unless they play drastically different music, which i doubt. dark drums and sunshine don't mix...nevertheless, the party it self will be loads of fun.

kyfe

TRIBE Member
s1k said:
i dunno if these dj's are a good choice for an outdoor music festival....unless they play drastically different music, which i doubt. dark drums and sunshine don't mix...nevertheless, the party it self will be loads of fun.

stop thinking like a tight ass torontonian,;) this happens on the regular in MTL and they are all top knotch.

Skipper

TRIBE Member
I dunno about the others, but I've heard Barbara play outdoor, daytime *extended* sets twice now and she still holds it down and makes it work.

and truth be told, she's who I'm goin for...the others are an added bonus.

kyfe, thanks so much! I won't know about my ride sitch for awhile yet either so that works. :)

housewymn

TRIBE Member
THIS LOOKS LIKE A GREAT PARTY!!! where do i sign up?? those are great house music names... just one question i can't seem to see on site-- is there camping?? dan we bring our tents and crash there on the sat night?? i def am thinking about going to this...:)

Cri

TRIBE Member
This is very tempting..

I read the website...it is a half hour drive from montreal...

Then the only problem is how do I drive back to MOntreal after I'm too done from partying all day :p

kyfe

TRIBE Member
I friend of mine was here from MTL last night she's flying back today and I asked her to find out the details re camping.

it makes sense if they do offer camping or it could be kind of like lolapalloza when everyone went up and camped the night before.

I should hear something back within the next few days so I'll keep you posted

Persephone

TRIBE Member
unfucking believable! I must attend this party...tenaglia, lawler, mistress barbara, miller, bad boy bill. Excuse me, but this is light years ahead of any WEMF.

although, the only way I can afford it is if I camp...this summer is turning out to be sooooo expensive.

BONUS: $50 weekend tics are still available!

Lurker

TRIBE Member
Re: Camping

not sure how much camping there is available in that area. It's nice and close to the river though.

I've never been to Beach Club, but I work about 20 minutes from it. The easy public transit way out to that area is on the Go-Train style thingy, not on the Metro.

Skipper

TRIBE Member
I really want to buy my tix but my friends are waffling. I hope to know by the end of the month...*cross fingers*

Skipper

TRIBE Member
s1k said:
they'll have shuttles from montreal, toronto and ottawa.

Shuttles to the actual site? from toronto? :confused:

My crew has bailed. My only hope is elektron, who tends to not get as bitchy about logistics as these guys do.

Persephone

TRIBE Member
kyfe said:
I friend of mine was here from MTL last night she's flying back today and I asked her to find out the details re camping.

it makes sense if they do offer camping or it could be kind of like lolapalloza when everyone went up and camped the night before.

I should hear something back within the next few days so I'll keep you posted

Any news yet?