• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Summertime = Cocktail-time!!

ThePlunger

TRIBE Member
Inspired party by the "beer" thread, and partly because I spend way too much of my life making them, here's some fine summer drinks for everybody to enjoy and impress with. Please add to the list...:D

Doubleberry white chocolate martini

3/4 oz. Raspberry Stoly (vodka)
3/4 oz. Chambord Royale
1/2 oz. Godet (white chocolate liqueur)

Shake vigourously with ice in martini shaker, strain into glass.
Add fresh raspberries to garnish

Biancatini

1/2 oz. Absolut Citron (vodka)
2 oz. Marlborough (NZ.) Sauvignon Blanc (white wine)
1/2 oz. honey

Shake with ice in martini shaker, strain into glass.
Add three white grapes to garnish.

La Mohita

Take 10 fresh mint leaves and a 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar and place into rock/collins glass. Squeeze the juice of 1/2 a lime into the glass. Muddle (mash) the mixture together untill the sugar dissolves. add..
1 oz. Raspberry Stoly (vodka)
fill with Soda water.
Add some raspberries to garnish.

Enjoy:D

Matt

twiggy

TRIBE Member
those sound scrumptious (sp?), i think i'll print this thread out and use it as a nice little bar guide! I have a housewarming coming up and wanna be the hostest with the mostest!

Your recipe for Mohita's is not at all the same as mine.

But it sounds awesome nonetheless.

I would love a pina colada. In fact I will make it my mission to have one this week.

ThePlunger

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by daddyiwantchocolate
Your recipe for Mohita's is not at all the same as mine.

You're probobly thinking of an El Mohito. Amber rum instead of the flavoured vodka and no raspberries. Both are good but the Mohita is sooooooooo refreshing and fruity.

Matt

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders
Ahhhhhh, MohitO.

Didn't sound right.

I loooooooooooooooove raspberries, so the Mohita sounds better.

I was in the Beach(es) last summer for the Jazz-fest. Had several glasses of home-made Mohito.

Couldn't taste the alcohol AT all and got super hammered. :(

Jeffsus

TRIBE Member
I am truly fighting the urge to buy #1 right now....
Chambord is so unbelievably good..
and that combo you mentioned sounds so good that, frankly, I am surprised I have not tried it before.

I will bring that recipe to Jason at the Renaissance (aka World's Greatest Bartender) this weekend and have him make it for me. '

Did I mentioned how incredibly unbelievably good Chambord is?

-jM
A&D

ThePlunger

TRIBE Member
recipe's people, recipes...

Bailey's Strawberry Daquiri

2oz. Bailey's Irish cream liqueur
6oz. Daquiri Mix
Add Ice and crush in blender

Rim Daquiri glasses with sugar.

Creamsicle Martini

1 oz. Smirnoff Orange Twist Vodka
1/2 oz. Triple Sec (orange liqueur)
1/2 oz. Vanilla schnapps
1 drop Creme de cacao (chocolate liqueur)
2 oz. Orange Juice

Shake vigorously with ice, strain into martini glass.
Add sugared orange segment for garnish.

Matt

Tonedeff

TRIBE Member
Kir Royale

Kir Royale: 5 ounces champagne; 1/4 ounce creme de cassis

my choice is veuve clicquot, but if you are drinking with gangbangers make sure you order cristal

btw there is no "h" in mojito/mojita

and just because there are too many fruity overwrought drinks in here, I'm gonna include another of my favourite refreshing summer drinks:

Pernod and water

because sometimes less is more

ThePlunger

TRIBE Member
Re: Kir Royale

Originally posted by Tonedeff
btw there is no "h" in mojito/mojita

D'oh. my mistake.

For the Boys...

Maker's Mark Manhattan

2 oz. Maker's Mark Bourbon
2/3 oz. Sweet Vermouth
Dash Agnostura Bitters

Shake with ice, pour into old fashioned glass.

Irish Car Bomb

1/2 pint Guiness
Drop in (a la boiler maker)....
shot glass with 1/2 Baileys Irish Cream & 1/2 Jmeson Irish Whiskey.

Chug!:D

Matt

Tonedeff

TRIBE Member
this thread is making me thirsty!

I also really like Choya wine in the summer, it's a plum wine with ume fruit, serve very chilled

choya_bottle.gif

Tonedeff

TRIBE Member
nice blender

my friend has this little portable blender that he brings around to parties in the summer...the thing chews through the batteries though

2431-01.jpg

futronic

TRIBE Member
Val, I know you only opened this thread because it had the work "cock" in it, but you should know better than to call it "The Beaches", considering you're down here so frequently.

On the topic at hand, it's not exactly a cocktail, but a nice chewy Barolo with a rare steak works for me. :p

-- Jay aka Fut

Originally posted by futronic
Val, I know you only opened this thread because it had the work "cock" in it, but you should know better than to call it "The Beaches", considering you're down here so frequently.

On the topic at hand, it's not exactly a cocktail, but a nice chewy Barolo with a rare steak works for me. :p

In response to your first point: <gives you the finger>
As for the Beaches - you and Jo are the ONLY people I know who call it the Beach.

Mmmmm barolo.

Cheeka

TRIBE Member
Val, I know you only opened this thread because it had the work "cock" in it
-- Jay aka Fut

ed zachery what I was going to say...
you BEST quit cutting my grass Jay :mad:

futronic

TRIBE Member
Not sure what I'm going to open on Tuesday Matt, but you'll find out when you get here. Also, I finally picked up my wine cabinet, so you can check that out as well.

Val: Blow me. You're open season since you haven't visited in a while. And yes, it's the BEACH. You don't see sweatshirts or bumper stickers that say "Beaches" on it, do you?

Chrissy: From what I understand, you don't have any grass to cut, so you're going to need to do better than that.

Zing! :p

-- Jay aka Fut

Cheeka

TRIBE Member
Not sure what I'm going to open on Tuesday Matt, but you'll find out when you get here. Also, I finally picked up my wine cabinet, so you can check that out as well.

Val: Blow me. You're open season since you haven't visited in a while. And yes, it's the BEACH. You don't see sweatshirts or bumper stickers that say "Beaches" on it, do you?

Chrissy: From what I understand, you don't have any grass to cut, so you're going to need to do better than that.

Zing! :p

-- Jay aka Fut

awww look at this - we have our own little "a Cocks Tale" going on right here in tribe land :D!

1. Get in line.
2. I wonder what happens if I don't visit you for a WHOLE MONTH? Will you stop speaking to me? *crosses fingers*
3. Only losers have stickers proclaiming where they live on their cars, so I avoid all trends these people set. :p

My favourite cocktail = red wine.

And yes, pretty sure I'm coming next week.

ThePlunger

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Smiley Jo
Ooooh, this is getting good...

SJ
m-bye.gif

It's a Tribe phenomenon.

After about 10 - 20 posts, most threads degenerate into this kind of activity. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

:p

futronic

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by daddyiwantchocolate

1. Get in line.
2. I wonder what happens if I don't visit you for a WHOLE MONTH? Will you stop speaking to me? *crosses fingers*
3. Only losers have stickers proclaiming where they live on their cars, so I avoid all trends these people set. :p

1.) I expect line bypass, since the regular line is longer than than the line at the ACC to buy Leafs' tickets. You'd think that with your experience, you'd be able to get the line moving quicker.

2.) Pours water on you.

3.) I don't own a car, but would you like your licence plate cover back?

-- Jay aka Fut