• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Summerlicious 2006!

tobywan

TRIBE Member
So as I was soakin' up some sun yesterday at my friends' condo, drink in hand...I was thinkin' when Summerlicious 2006 would get underway.

The dates are set, July 7-23, but I haven't been able to find the reservation start date...it'll be posted soon enough I'm sure.

Last year I was able to hit up Flow Restaurant & Lounge and North 44, both of which were great experiences...I wanna try somethin' different this year though.

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

MoFo

TRIBE Member
Haha.
I staff Goldfish.
New menu, new staff, new chef...

I'm definitely going cuz I know I'm gonna get a good meal. :)

MoFo

TRIBE Member
Well, I'm not going to Summerlicious there. There's no way. I'll probably stop in, do an evaluation and then maybe get some free snacks?
What should I avoid? Haha.

quantumize

TRIBE Member
MoFo said:
Well, I'm not going to Summerlicious there. There's no way. I'll probably stop in, do an evaluation and then maybe get some free snacks?
What should I avoid? Haha.

avoid the ides of march

Skipper

TRIBE Member
Me and my date will definitely be checking this out this year. I missed the boat on winterlicious and only did 1 or 2 places.

MoFo

TRIBE Member
juice said:
Sunny when are you going to come by and evaluate Ivana so that we can all go out and do lunch?

Um...
Will your company pay for it? We are non-profit after all. :)
I was going to come in July when it's not so busy here.

Skipper

TRIBE Member
Hey Val, Pony has a laminated newspaper article up outlining how fucking awesome they were this winterlicious.

I suggest all of us who previously thought they spit in our food make a return this summer to check it out.

juice

TRIBE Member
MoFo said:
Um...
Will your company pay for it? We are non-profit after all. :)
I was going to come in July when it's not so busy here.
Yeah I'll put it on my company card. We'll see if we can plan it around this.

Flashy_McFlash

Well-Known TRIBEr
I've learned to shy away from the 'liciouses for the food...More worth my money to save up and go at a normal time. I guess it's probably not true of everywhere, but the disparity between a normal night and a licious night is (understandably) huge IME.

That said, what restaurants would you recommend strictly for atmosphere? I'm thinking about Brassaii and perhaps that one in the Distillery.

Kinger

TRIBE Member
quantumize said:
great ambience there

definatley go to brassai

A couple years ago on a Thursday evening the manager of Brassai kicked me out cause I took off my suit jacket and dress shirt and slung them over my shoulder and did a full lap of the restaurant topless while singing "Everybody's Working For The Weekend". My buddies pitched in $200 if I'd do it.

I probably would have done it for free.

Kinger

TRIBE Member
quantumize said:
^^

oh dude, he had to kick you out. i wonder if he'd remember you...go back

A year ago I would have thought he would remember me but now it seems my schtick is a dime a dozen.

I mean Zanta has improved on it ten fold.

starr

TRIBE Member
Flashy_McFlash said:
I've learned to shy away from the 'liciouses for the food...More worth my money to save up and go at a normal time. I guess it's probably not true of everywhere, but the disparity between a normal night and a licious night is (understandably) huge IME.
Agreed, but it's nice to try out a place you've never been just to get some kind of sense of it.

My friend and I are likely going to Rosewater for non-licious dinner in the next week or two, because he loved it after going to winterlicious two years ago.

Can't wait for summerlicious, just a few restos left that I'm dying to try out.