• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

summer tires

kuba

TRIBE Member
What's the best canadian website for finding our prices for tires?

I need four regular tires - I already have winter tires so I need summer tires.

Nothing fancy, just a regular set of tires.

Please help!

Beer babe

TRIBE Member
kuba said:
What's the best canadian website for finding our prices for tires?

I need four regular tires - I already have winter tires so I need summer tires.

Nothing fancy, just a regular set of tires.

Please help!
just being a smartass :p

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

kuba

TRIBE Member
ok so maybe I don't need new ones, as I'm getting rid of the car.

How do you test whether your old tires are shit? I heard something about using a quarter in the tread?

Balzz

TRIBE Member
Make sweet love to them.

Or just make sure you're not down to your wearbars to pass a safety.

Mephisto

TRIBE Member
Balzz said:
But I prefer to just call wheel and tire zone.
i go to wtz for my alignments but some of the club guys have had bad experiences there....uh or maybe i'm getting it confused with wheelsdirect? nothing but good from wheels23 so far though

kyfe

TRIBE Member
Mephisto said:
Tires23
1380 MATHESON BLVD. EAST
UNIT 8
L4W 4P8
TEL: (905) 602-8881
Hands down talk to Billy and let him know I sent you.
I just got my kumo excsta ASX's 17"s from him $725 installed and balanced

Balzz

TRIBE Member
Mephisto said:
i go to wtz for my alignments but some of the club guys have had bad experiences there....uh or maybe i'm getting it confused with wheelsdirect? nothing but good from wheels23 so far though
Hmm, I dunno...isn't wtz an SPDA sponsor? Would be odd if they got a sponsor they had bad experiences with.

Mephisto

TRIBE Member
yeah they're an spda sponsor but i'm talking about the greater tsc populus. similar drama carryover can be found at marino's subaru now that they ask to see a valid spda card before applying the discount (which they will not for regular tsc members)

....but still nowhere near as scandalous as the celispeed old vs new gen fallout lol

Balzz

TRIBE Member
1/16" toe-in front, 0 in rear. It was 1/8" toe-out before...made for some very quick turn-in but could definitely get me in trouble on the track. :D

SmoothOperator

TRIBE Member
Mephisto said:
what is, please?

Honda SiR. It's no ferrari, but I freakin love it. The engine and suspension have been modded to increase fun factor :p I try and keep it very clean and simple looking on the exterior though.
Oh and brian, I posted some tremblant pics in the picture thread!

Mephisto

TRIBE Member
saw the pics dude, looks like it was a great weekend! i just took all my gear apart over the weekend, next season can't come soon enough

Balzz said:
1/16" toe-in front, 0 in rear. It was 1/8" toe-out before...made for some very quick turn-in but could definitely get me in trouble on the track. :D
yeah not to mention just driving around town! nothing like almost tramlining straight into a newsstand when you try and open your friggin coffee. i'm assuming -4/-2 camber for the track too? ;)

Lurker

TRIBE Member
Balzz said:
I wish...tasty tasty -ve camber...alas my budget for the year doesn't include camber plates. :(
FC doesn't allow camber adjustment? Maybe not -4f / -2r but it should allow for some...

Mine does :) Yay double wishbones! Boo to punched shocks and rust :(

(and boo to a little fuel leak....and running pig rich...and........)

The Tesseract

TRIBE Member
I pick up my car tomorrow. W00t! 2006 Toy Yoda Co-Roller SE
I'm probably going to use the existing rubber for about 2-3months, and then switch to something better. Put the originals in storage, for when the car is done lease.

Now... he's a question for the tribe masses.
If i got new wheels/tires, would there be any advantage in upgrading to 17in low-profile tires/rims?
Specifically in fuel efficiency? I understand that the rolling resistance should be higher, therefore more efficient, but does that carry any real truth to it?

Last edited:

Lurker

TRIBE Member
The Tesseract said:
I pick up my car tomorrow. W00t! 2006 Toy Yoda Co-Roller SE
I'm probably going to use the existing rubber for about 2-3months, and then switch to something better. Put the originals in storage, for when the car is done lease.

Now... he's a question for the tribe masses.
If i got new wheels/tires, would there be any advantage in upgrading to 17in low-profile tires/rims?
Specifically in fuel efficiency? I understand that the rolling resistance should be higher, therefore more efficient, but does that carry any real truth to it?
No.

You have less rolling resistance because you wallet, and therefore YOU are lighter, but that's it.

If anything, the accelerating resistance is greater because the bulk of the mass is further from the rotational centre, thus requiring more energy to accellerate. Add a harsh ride, potential cracking on potholes and stupid thieves and you will likely need to buy a 5th rim (at least) within 2 summers.

15" max. You can put nice wide, sticky rubboer on 15" wheels.