• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!
14K Cannabis seed slider pendants by tribe

Summer Activities

Michlerish

Well-Known TRIBEr
I'll be working two jobs in the summer, so I'm looking for a summer activity to enroll in that would force me to get outside at least once a week.

I'm specifically not looking for team sports such as volleyball, basketball, softball leagues... etc. And I've already looked at the Toronto Fun Guide for the summer, nothing much of interest in there (yet).

I'm thinking more along the lines of water sports like, rowing, sailing, canoeing, kiteboarding (do they have classes for this with equipment provided?)... stuff like that. Also, I'll have limited time throughout the week, so something that is on Sunday and Saturday mornings (but not early!), or Sunday early afternoons and one weeknight.

Another important criteria is that it be accessible for me from the downtown core, without a car. For instance, the Argonaut rowing club looks interesting, but I fear it would be hard to get there for me (coming from Front & Sherbourne).

What are you guys doing for summer activities? Can anyone recommend something I should look into?

Tribe 14K gold cannabis seed slider pendant and chain

Michlerish

Well-Known TRIBEr
quantumize said:
i work 2 jobs year round, so for the summer, i wil take a third

Since your medal is already in the mail... would you like a standing ovation?

*stands up from chair and claps*

Seriously dude, I don't care how many jobs you work. This thread is about getting outside to enjoy the summer.

Reflex

TRIBE Member
Michlerish said:
the Argonaut rowing club looks interesting, but I fear it would be hard to get there for me (coming from Front & Sherbourne).
Hey Michelle :)

The rowing club is actually really easy to get to and it would probably only take you 20-30 min max if you hop on the king streetcar. I can't think of any water sports that are closer than that right now. There are sailing courses, but they are even further west, out at Humber Bay park.

Michlerish

Well-Known TRIBEr
I have a bike... and I plan on biking to whatever activity I choose, but I don't want to be exhausted when I ARRIVE. ;)

Are there climbing classes outside?

deevah

TRIBE Member
Toronto Island Sailing Club

approx $400 membership

SAILING MEMBERSHIP is a full membership which gives complete access to the facilities, participation in social sailing, access to lessons, racing, and voting rights for club decisions and elections.

quantumize

TRIBE Member
Michlerish said:
Since your medal is already in the mail... would you like a standing ovation?

*stands up from chair and claps*

Seriously dude, I don't care how many jobs you work. This thread is about getting outside to enjoy the summer.
i'm not even going to be subtle

fuck you

Michlerish

Well-Known TRIBEr
Reflex said:
Hey Michelle :)

The rowing club is actually really easy to get to and it would probably only take you 20-30 min max if you hop on the king streetcar. I can't think of any water sports that are closer than that right now. There are sailing courses, but they are even further west, out at Humber Bay park.

Thanks, that's good to know!

Michlerish

Well-Known TRIBEr
deevah said:
Toronto Island Sailing Club

approx $400 membership

SAILING MEMBERSHIP is a full membership which gives complete access to the facilities, participation in social sailing, access to lessons, racing, and voting rights for club decisions and elections.

I've never been to the island. How easy is it to get out there?

deevah

TRIBE Member
Michlerish said:
I've never been to the island. How easy is it to get out there?
easy as pie
ferry is @ the bottom of Bay & Queens Quay
runs something like every 20 min
if you're out on the island, you can disc golf as well - they have a course out there

Kung Po Beef

TRIBE Member
Those rowing classes are a great idea. Thanks for the info Flashy. I may just sign up for that.
What a nice way to see the city for a few hours a week - and the price is goood too!