• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

suits - advice needed

MARCin

TRIBE Member
ok, here's the deal. my bro is getting married, plus i got my grad ceremony next month, and so i need to get a suit. the problem is i'm not a suit person, so i need the good people @ tribe to help me out...
what's a good place to get one? what style should i go with? etc.. i'm looking for something that will make me look sharp, that can be used for many occasions, and something reasonably priced(ie, can't afford no gucci's or armani's). thanks in advance,

marc..

Originally posted by MARCin
can i get something decent for $300?

If you're going to wear it only on occasion, then Moores is a safe bet, America I thought was kinda snazzy the last time I went, but prone to trends.

Just do not buy anything from International Clothers, that shit will fall apart once off the rack.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

quantumize

TRIBE Member
are you including shirt?

you just need a tie, and a suit right, you have to have a decent shirt somewhere right

so 300 should get you something decent, no valentino or anything but decent

quantumize

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by el presidente Highsteppa
Just do not buy anything from International Clothers, that shit will fall apart once off the rack.

he's not kidding my brother bought dress pants ther and they started to literally come apart at the seams

quantumize

TRIBE Member
you could always go with a ........

leisure suit

leisure%20suit.jpg

:eek:

MARCin

TRIBE Member
Yeah, i was thinking about Moores, so i guess quality-wise, they're decent, right? And i knew international clothers was shite.
And as far as style goes, any tips as to what's hot and what's not? I basically want to look appropriate for these occasions, but i don't really wanna look like my dad either. Thanks for all the help..

marc..

for less than three hundred, you'll get your basic meat and potatoes suit, nothing too fancy, and most likely nothing double breasted. Personally, I always feel you should pick a suit that you feel most comfortable in, and you feel that you look good in. Colours you want to generally stay away from prints (they tend to go in and out of style very quickly) and stick with basic colours (black, blue, tan, grey). shirt should be a different colour and tie should match both the shirt, suit and shoes (basic rule).

MBoy

TRIBE Member
My vote is also for Moores. I spent five years in high school wearing moores pants, and they never disappointed.

Reasonable price and good quality.

-D

vinder

TRIBE Member
try tom's place in kensington. designer stuff at not so designer prices. or you can also try the suit exchange at eglinton and warden centre (where there's other big box stores, and a new cineplex odeon as well).

you should be more then able to find something in that price range that should meet your needs.

as for style, since it sounds like this is your first suit, go with black. i know double breasted seems to be coming back into style, but i'm not personally big on it, looks like you're trying too hard. i'd say go with a single breasted 3 button suit. try and get one that fits well, ie. nothing too baggy, keep it slim. no pleats, or one pleat at most, and no cuffs if you wanna keep it lean and slick. cuffs make it look a bit more like your dad's suit, but i'm sure others will argue otherwise.

if you need more info just ask.

vinder

TRIBE Member
exactly, i'm not one for the pimpin look. i like to wear my suits with the jacket open as well, and it looks much better if you have a single breasted jacket.

plus, i ain't got no ho's to pimp out like you duncan.

vinder

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by el presidente Highsteppa
not everyone can work a double breasted.

true, but not everyone wants to.

double breasted suits are great, however, if you're a bit on teh portly side, they cover it up much better then a single breasted suit.

sentence

TRIBE Promoter
i see your in hamilton. try South Side. it's right downtown (gore park area). ask for dave and tell him sentence sent ya.

:confused: <---the look on his face if you actually say that.

...seriously though, they have wicked stuff and the owner's name is dave lee.

Originally posted by vinder

double breasted suits are great, however, if you're a bit on teh portly side, they cover it up much better then a single breasted suit.

It's also good for people who have broad shoulders and want to emphisize it. I generally prefer going back and forth between double and single breasted. Double breasted looks great but can be a bit of a nuissance when sitting down. Single breasted is easy, but kinda plain sometimes.

quantumize

TRIBE Member
in this case i will aggree with vinder double breasted suits are for my dad

and they look good on david letterman too

Doug.M.

TRIBE Member
If you are lookin' for a good price...

Stars

Yorkdale

Calvin Klein suits at the back. Nice suits nice prices!

smile

TRIBE Member
make sure you match your belt with your shoes too....that's a little pet peeve of mine....no black belts with brown shoes!

also, no black shoes with navy blue suits! brown shoes with navy.

as well, i'd recommend not buying a black suit....it's very servere, serious looking. if you must go monochrome, go for a warm charcoal gray.