• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Suggestions Please - Diner, Downtown, Friday Night, 30 People

defazman

TRIBE Member
Any suggestions? I knw there have been threads like this before, but alas the search function no workie.

Im bringing a group of Americanos into town for the weekend, and my original plan just fell through. I'm looking for something downtown, with beer, with entrees around $20-25 / person. I also have to please a large group of people, so nothing too ethnic or spicy.

help please

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

defazman

TRIBE Member
I know Wiseman, so I'm thinking of defaulting to Swiss Chalet, and then just pretending it's the best restaurant ever.

this was kind of dropped in my lap today.

sugar

TRIBE Member
A lot of restaurants aren't too busy this time of year.

You could take them to Wayne Gretzky's - when I worked there, we could easily accommodate groups of 30 with only a few days' notice. The food is pretty middle of the road, but it's a fun place to wander around in a bit. And then you're right in the club district.

echo

TRIBE Member
sugar said:
A lot of restaurants aren't too busy this time of year.

You could take them to Wayne Gretzky's - when I worked there, we could easily accommodate groups of 30 with only a few days' notice. The food is pretty middle of the road, but it's a fun place to wander around in a bit. And then you're right in the club district.
ack....sorry Allison, but I am going to have to vehemently oppose your suggestion of Wayne Gretzky's!! Totally overpriced and the food is awful and completely uninspired. However, if we had you as our waitress that probably would have improved my opinion on the place ;)

One of my favorite restuarants on Front Street is a cute place called Copia (on the north side of front just east of blue jays way). They are never usually too busy, and can most likely accomodate 30 people for you! The decor has a swanky/sexy/loungey feel to it and the food is really tasty. And the prices are pretty reasonable.

And it's near the CN tower so the tourists can take a peek, but still within walking distance to the clubs!

sugar

TRIBE Member
That's ok Amy: I left for a reason ;)

And you probably wouldn't have liked me as a waitress - I sucked :(

Flashy: those are good suggestions for a big group, and in a great location for doing stuff afterwards.

Flashy_McFlash

Well-Known TRIBEr
Alice Fazooli's and a night out at Joe or whatever G-Spot is calling itself these days should please even the most discerning shithead!

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
Take them to Chinatown. Cheap and interesting! They will be telling all their friends back home that all the street signs were in Chinese! (make sure you point that out to them)

defazman

TRIBE Member
alexd said:
Take them to Chinatown. Cheap and interesting! They will be telling all their friends back home that all the street signs were in Chinese! (make sure you point that out to them)
that would be fun, but we'd end up losing someone in the mass of chinese people.

defazman

TRIBE Member
ooh, that one looks good, I'll just go there myself one day.
I tried calling a couple of these places with no luck, so fuck the group they can find their own damned food.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

sentence

TRIBE Promoter
brassaii should be able to take a 30 person reservation no problem. the may even do a prix fixe menu for you. i used to work for them, there were large groups in there regularily.

defazman

TRIBE Member
I suppose I should mention that some people in the group have never even had stir fry because that's too ethnic/different. I'd be chastised if I brought some of these people to a place where they had duck and tuna on the menu. I will be checking that place out myself though, thanks.

litespeed

Well-Known TRIBEr
I can hook you up with something at Montana... very nice space.. right in the core... good food(the salmon kicks ass especially) and it's in that price range

www.montanaonline.ca

PM and I will get in touch with the owner for ya. Super nice people there!
I know i got them to hook up The Doctor with something for 100 people this Saturday!