1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Suggestions for making the most of NYC

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by Soulster, Oct 11, 2005.

1. Soulster

Soulster TRIBE Member

I'm off to New York on Friday and will be there until Monday. I'll be staying in Manhattan (right near the Empire State Buildling) with a few friends from Australia whom I haven't seen since I was there two years ago. (So excited!)

I'd love some suggestions for

a) places to eat that are nice but not too expensive

b) places to go out and drink, keeping in mind that one of my friends isn't really into dressing up too much

c) places to go out and party. these friends were the first to introduce me to those little pills. i'm not sure they're into it anymore, but you never know.

d) fave neighbourhoods/streets to experience nice shops and culture

e) any major "don'ts"

2. MoFo

MoFo TRIBE Member

Sea in Williamsburg.

Inexpensive and chic.
    I've been thinking about this restaurant recently because it was on an episode of SATC and I had plans to go to NYC this month but cancelled them. Boo.

[​IMG]

3. JAR

JAR TRIBE Member

I usually hate it when people say this, but...SEARCH BUTTON!

4. Soulster

Soulster TRIBE Member

I want current and up to date suggestions. But thanks for coming out.

5. evil homer

evil homer TRIBE Member

williamsburg is worth getting lost in, lots of fun little shops, local designers, rope a dope records.
    soho is pricey now, but the area just west(east?) of there, below alphabet city, north of little italy has a lot of bars and restaurants springing up and they tend towards casual inexpensive and stylish.
    there are a few galleries around there too and tons in soho, but don't miss the new moma.

6. JAR

JAR TRIBE Member

there's a thread about NYC just about every week. you're welcome!

7. Flashy_McFlash

Flashy_McFlash Well-Known TRIBEr

8. Sal De Ban

Sal De Ban TRIBE Member

vice said that their blow.....well.......blows

9. bombthreat23

bombthreat23 TRIBE Member

carl cox is at crobar sat night.
    g.

10. noodle

noodle TRIBE Member