• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Suggest to me a Record player

kyfe

TRIBE Member
So I've inherited a bunch original pressings of some old old old classical Lp's and other sorts. Rather than sell them I was looking into buying a record player to listen to them.

I have a decent consumer system Paradigm/Denon set up but would now like to add a record player to the mix. I'm looking for something more of a conversation piece with excellent sound, having said this I am not looking for technics rather ie Project, Riga, Linn or something along those lines.

also is there a good player that also converts to mp3s? this is something I want but seems limited to lower end options

coleridge

TRIBE Member
So I've inherited a bunch original pressings of some old old old classical Lp's and other sorts. Rather than sell them I was looking into buying a record player to listen to them.

I have a decent consumer system Paradigm/Denon set up but would now like to add a record player to the mix. I'm looking for something more of a conversation piece with excellent sound, having said this I am not looking for technics rather ie Project, Riga, Linn or something along those lines.

also is there a good player that also converts to mp3s? this is something I want but seems limited to lower end options

I'd highly recommend visiting some stores to check stuff out. Planet of Sound at Queen and Ossington is a good place to start I've heard. I'd also recommend a trip to Audio Oasis High End Stereo Equipment for Audiophiles - Audio Oasis, Toronto. And also Ring Audio Ring Audio, who specialize in turntable repairs and have a wild selection of old stuff.

SmoothOperator

TRIBE Member
This is timely. I've spent the last day checking out used turntables on kijiji. I have no idea what's good and what's crap though.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders