• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Stupid Lies You've Told

Noize

TRIBE Member
Here's mine:
A while back I got back together with an ex of mine, and everything was going really well for a while. We had planned on taking a trip to mexico together. We had booked the time off of work, made most of the arrangements except for booking the actual trip...
Then we broke up...so of course Mexico was off...
A few months later we ran into eachother, and he had a new boyfriend...i was single...i was still very much in love with him, so as you can imagine i was jealous.
He had mentioned that he was in desperate need of a vacation, and expressed how he wished we had gone to Mexico when we had the chance.
This is where the story takes a turn for the worse...
I decided to lie...on the spot ...and tell him that I was actually going to be going to Mexico in the coming weeks. I don't know what provoked me to tell him this. I guess it was just my way of saying "My life didn't stop just because we're not together anymore..."
Anyways the lie wasnt the worst part about it. The week that i was supposed to be in mexico...i went tanning, and continued tanning for about a month after that (just incase if i ran into him, i would have a tan to backup my mexico story). I dragged friends into the lie aswell...it just became this long drawn out mess that i regretted ever starting.
It never did blow up in my face. As it turns out, i'm a great liar.
But I definitely learned my lesson.

Don't judge me.

sheik rock

TRIBE Member
"Have you ever seen (random movie)?"

"Yeah"

"Oh, whats your favorite part."

"I haven't actually seen it, I just wanted you to stop talking."

Big Boss

TRIBE Promoter
I told the Raptors I could play point guard, so that's why they traded Rafer Alston. I then showed up to practice, but they never offered me a contract.

Oh and I just told a stupid lie in this thread.

Dr Funk MD

TRIBE Promoter
A few years after I finished high school I was back in town for the turkey holiday. Anyway I was bored and thought, just for laughs, I'd head down to the 'club' they had in the basement of the Fox and Firkin. It was shady and small town just as I had suspected (lecherous old men flirting with under age girls who let them for free drinks) and not unsurprisingly I ran into some friends I hadn't talked to since high school. Well after a few 'how you been's and a few drinks one of them turns to me and asks "How was L.A.? I heard you went there to write a screenplay?" I have never been to L.A. to write a screen play or even been within 200 miles of it. However that night I did write some fiction with my mouth and said "It was alright, smoggy. I never sold my screenplay so I came back."

After relating this story over dinner the next night my sister confessed that she had been spreading all sort of exaggerated stories to people around town about me. I thought it was cute.

basketballjones

TRIBE Member
nothing worse than when someone tells a lie....involving you, and they dont tell u about said lie....and then u get asked about it...and have no idea what they r talking about..then the person who told the lie gives u shit for not backing them up....WTF

Big Boss

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by basketballjones
nothing worse than when someone tells a lie....involving you, and they dont tell u about said lie....and then u get asked about it...and have no idea what they r talking about..then the person who told the lie gives u shit for not backing them up....WTF
That is my friend to a T. He always uses me as an alibi as to why he was out so late, or something like that, and then his gf will come up to me and say, "so how was Guv?" and I'll be like, "I haven't been there in a while", and then she'll say, "I thought you went with so and so last night...thats why he was out so late, right?" and I'll stand there hoping I didn't blow his cover...

sheik rock

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by basketballjones
Gaah! Someone did this in high school. They stole their parents car and drove around, but when they returned their spot on the street was gone. They told their parents I had been driving as I was the only one with my licence at the time. Of course they never told me this.

Two years later I'm in the kitchen with their mom and she bitches me out about it and before I can say"WTF!" I see me friend looking at me with a pleading "Don't bust me" face.

I just had to nod and apologize.

Resolver

TRIBE Member
Continued From the "Catching Someone In a Lie" Thread:

Okay, I admit it I kissed Amanda! So sue me fool's.... :p

Old Stradlater

TRIBE Member
I recently got a phone call one morning from the parent of someone, who might post on this message board, wondering they were still at my house. I felt 12.