1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Stupid Bouncers

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by The Tesseract, Aug 31, 2003.

1. The Tesseract

The Tesseract TRIBE Member

share your stories.

I once got screwed over by some bouncers. They told me i couldn't cross the grounds because the area was closed for the night. I told them I needed to catch the shuttle bus. They told me to walk around.
    I told them "what if i decided to bolt down the road here?"
    "that one over there would get you" - pointing to a disgustingly large woman bouncer, that was probably 6ft plus and maybe 250lbs or so (basically the same size as a man of equal size)
    "Yeah, but can she do 400meters in 45seconds?" (i was a track star in high school)

I should've done it.

Seriously... what would they do if i did run? They'd beat me to the ground and then have to explain to the cops why a 5'9'' 19y.o got beaten to a pulp when all he wanted was to catch the last shuttle bus.

FUCK! damn you retrospect.

2. funkinbeats

funkinbeats TRIBE Member

never had any problems with bouncers, some have questioned my drivers license if it was real, but I told them otherwise, and they were cool about it.

3. Vote Quimby

Vote Quimby TRIBE Member

In light of recent events, this thread is poorly timed.

4. The Tesseract

The Tesseract TRIBE Member

I just read that thread.... whatever quimby.
    That guy was obviously not stupid, and well liked for a reason.

5. xtollo

xtollo TRIBE Member

lol

6. Vote Quimby

Vote Quimby TRIBE Member

Obviously, you moron. You're not exactly the brightest bulb in the box, now are you?

7. geminigirl

geminigirl TRIBE Member

I'll have to aggree with Vote Quimby here.

8. HotSauce

HotSauce TRIBE Member

And I side with......
    Envelope Please...

"The Tesseract"

The Tesseract was making a generalization towards bouncers...
    Woopity-Doo. This board is full of such 'views'(generalizations that is).

If a well respected lawyer died, a lawyer joke would be just as funny, unless of course they used the lawyer who died in the joke.

I saw no reference to Huey, merely his profession.

9. geminigirl

geminigirl TRIBE Member

^Just bad timing in my opinion. I know he didn't mean to offend anyone.

10. HotSauce

HotSauce TRIBE Member

^I agree with the bad timing bit...

I don't agree with the class shown here...

11. daddyiwantchocolate

daddyiwantchocolate TRIBE Member

I hate it when people mistakenly believe that one's class can be indicated by a few words typed on the intardnet.

12. HotSauce

HotSauce TRIBE Member

One time I had just went outside to smoke some herbal remedies and then went to go back in.
    The bouncer made a sniffing sound towards a friend and I and said with a laugh "you two should have went for a longer walk" before opening the door for us...

No wait, that's a fun-loving happy to see people enjoying themselves bouncer story...

Sorry, I have no "stupid" bouncer stories

Although one time when I was in no condition to be out and about, I had a bouncer say to me "get inside quickly" while he was scanning around to make sure his manager wasn't around.
    The rest of the night was not a pretty sight... So maybe it wasn't in his best judgement to let me in, but I wouldn't call him *stupid.

*Because I'm friends with his brother, so it would likely get back to him and then he would be forced to hold me down and rasberry me or some similar punishment.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2003
  13. HotSauce

HotSauce TRIBE Member

I didn't refer to Vote Quimby's class, merely the class(or lack thereof) that was shown in the aforementioned statement.

Thank you very much. :)

14. Caz

Caz TRIBE Member

bouncers are cool

15. geminigirl

geminigirl TRIBE Member

^I aggree(for the most part). They have a very tough job and have to deal with way too many idiots.

16. HotSauce

HotSauce TRIBE Member

^The same reason I have nothing but respect for cops and soldiers and people who work in welfare offices :D

People who work in welfare offices... hahaha, I'm a moron.