• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

stupid babies! (stupid landlords)

vox

TRIBE Member
so i just found out that my landlords (who live on the top two floors) are renovating the main level and basement (the areas i rent) because they're having a baby.

which means i gotta move. but, in two months...they're offering the top two floors.

gah! so...should i sublet and put my stuff in storage?

or should i just look for a new place entirely? right now i'm getting 2 bedrooms in a house...2 floors...the backyard...laundry included...interet, tv. (i pay half the cable internet bill)...in a great neighbourhood for 1200.

is that a decent price?

Booty Bits

TRIBE Member
aaaaaaaaaand thanks for missing the point entirely!

mercy, if you really want to stay in that house (even though there will be a crying baby living there when you move back in - haha), then you should just sublet.
you could even ask them if they're able to keep your stuff there for you. i.e., if they renovate one floor at a time, you can keep all your furniture on the other floor.
its doubtful that it would fly, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

vox

TRIBE Member
thanks liz!

geminigirl...yes,yes...babies are the wretched of the earth and are poor defenseless little succubi.

we get it.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

graham

Well-Known TRIBEr
when geminigirl was a baby she told the other babies to shut the hell up when they told jokes about adults

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

swenard

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by JayIsBored
you should just cook the baby in some sort of gourmet dish and then feed it to the landlords.

With rice!

MMMmmm... rice...

I wonder what wine you would serve? Is a baby white or red meat?

vox

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by fuzzy
$1200 a month!?

Why not just buy a house?
because i make 12/hour as a cook.

and the words "down payment" are as foreign to me as "babies don't ruin EVERYTHING"

LeoGirl

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by vox
because i make 12/hour as a cook.

and the words "down payment" are as foreign to me as "babies don't ruin EVERYTHING"
psssst.... RRSP's ;) that's what I'm planning on using. in about 5-7 years

I don't think $1200 is a lot. the place I just moved out of was about the same and I live in Missisauga. 'cept I had to pay ALL my utilities and cable/int/phone (the reg. shit) In Winter I was looking at approx $1400 total.