• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Stuff to do in VC

~Loress~

TRIBE Member
~Loress~ said:
i don't know whether to laugh or cry about this, but i think next time kaskade is in town i may be purchasing a giant stack of $20 tickets!
fixed!

eyeballs still twitching... :|

the Doctor

TRIBE Member
Smart Strategy there Lori :)

So been laying low on the bar scene since the Sanchez debauchle but have managed to squeeze in a few more key Vancity eats.

Last night we hit up Shiru Bay - the "go to" spot for all those visiting Vancouver, says my social coordinator Stephen ;) Amazing amazing amazing. I love Japanese food and the whole Japanese tapas thing blew my mind. Number one pick of the night was the sceptically ordered beef tongue. I have not had a meat so tender! We picked an onslaught of food and were presently surprised at the portions and the cost. Smoked Duck, Seared Black Cod, Prawns with some crazy yummy mayo-aoli, cured mackerel which was blow torched at our table (cool), great sushi rolls, and shit now I'm forgetting something ... Service was meh, but when four can dine in style for ~ $40 each .. I'll take the meh service.

Here is our table side flame thrower doing his thing to the Mackeral

To top it off, we hit up the legendary 218+ flavours of Gelato over in East Van. It was hard picking among such legendary taste sensations such as curry or peanut butter and blueberry. But hey, it takes all kinds ...

Too many choices ...

I don't get it.

the Doctor

TRIBE Member
Behrouz at Sonar

Against my better judgment but with a healthy dose of peer-pressured encouragement from non other than A-ron I decided to give Sonar *one more try* ... but only for Behrouz.

We arrived early enough that line up took only a minute and thanks to Spacebabe we got in fo' FREE (thanks Ames). The crows was thin and dressed for Halloween which was fun enough. I love women's Halloween costumes, it's all about how sexy you can make a random costume. "Oh hello, I am dressed as a very SEXY bumblebee for Halloween ... and I'm a very sexy Eskimo ... hi I'm a sexy shrub ..." It goes on :)

Music wise, the opening DJ was a bit ridiculous. Too many long, trancey breakdowns without really letting the beat go. Thankfully Behrouz made up for what was lacking by playing a KILLER set. Unbelievably deep, sexy, pounding beats kept me on the dancefloor until near night's end. Good people about too, I actually made a few new friends.

I'll give Vancity one more try - Halloween at Lotus. High hopes people!

erikwh

TRIBE Member
heh lotus was pretty damn fun on saturday.. makes me want to go back on wedensday but i don't think work, my wallet, or my low braincell count will allow it.

the Doctor

TRIBE Member
What was on at Lotus Saturday! Not that I would have gone out as I was having a Lost watching marathon with my cousin ...:eek:

~Loress~

TRIBE Member
erikwh said:
heh lotus was pretty damn fun on saturday.. makes me want to go back on wedensday but i don't think work, my wallet, or my low braincell count will allow it.
weaksauce!

SpaceBabe

TRIBE Member
DAMN.. i wish i saw this earlier!

BY far the BEST japanese is Shiru Bay Chopsticks!!!!!

Aron knows where it is.

BY FAR the best carpaccio i've ever eaten (and yes.. at a japanese restuarant).

It's a bit pricey but not as much as Tojo's and the food is just as amazing.

This place was packed to the tits every time I went so reservations might be needed!

SpaceBabe

TRIBE Member
haha.. i just FINISHED reading the whole thread and saw that you DID indeed go to Shiru Bay.

yah.. i think service is a bit yuk.. but I didnt notice it because usually it was just TRYING to get a seat that stressed me out.

Glad you went.. i love it there!

the Doctor

TRIBE Member
Hey what's with the slacking in Vancity!

Since I left there has been a paucity of activity in this thread ...

I'm disappointed :cool: