• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Strong, Rivera, Glaude

groovespinna

TRIBE Member
so crap screwed up and Im at home tonight.
I needed to have a part in this, so Im starting the thread for you lucky fuckers. it's kinda like making a nice bed and then leaving before ever considering sleeping in it. a hotel employee. like that.
anyway, Im going to bed now. when I wake up, I want to know details.
How was Fab? nice warm up set? was Rivera wacky? did Glaude swear at the crowd lovingly like he did at Gallery?
discuss.

ndrwrld

TRIBE Member
interesting...
starting a review thread, because you wished your sorry ass attended, but came up with some lame ass excuse not to attend.
jeesh.

but really...how was the night ?

assassaint

TRIBE Member
strong kicked ass, imo that was the set of the night.

if i ever go to hear rivera again, y'all have my permission to kill me right there and then. dude was so weak if i wasnt waiting for glaude i would go home at 1:47 am ( i was so bored i was checking clock every 3 fucking mninutes). that shit was really weak, like weakest of the weak in the history of weak.

glaude.... maybe its me, cause rivera sucked my life force outta me, i wasnt feeling the funk like before when he was spinning. but that didnt stop me from whooting and hollering. he was good, he was really good but not amazing.

all in all it would be a shitty night if it wasnt for some 10-15 chicks hitting on me. i fucking love this is london.

robbie rivera what the fuck happened to you??????????????

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Yourmamas

TRIBE Member
I was there just after 12, and Rivera was already on.

I was feeling his set for the first half hour, and then he canned the same record for the next hour and a half! Same bad formula. Yes, we understand that every record has a breakdown, doesn't mean you have to push up the treble, and play the breakdown every three minutes. Drop the bass, and repeat for the next hour and a half. Bored the shit out of me by the end.

When Glaude came on, I was excited, as I haven't had a bad time in ten years of listening to him.

That said, I was so beat from Rivera, and my legs were tired, so I only stayed for 45 minutes. BOO!

I liked TIL, and never had been there before. I liked proper towels in the bathroom. Pretty average night, but woulod return to TIL again though.

groovespinna

TRIBE Member
ndrwrld said:
interesting...
starting a review thread, because you wished your sorry ass attended, but came up with some lame ass excuse not to attend.
actually, I didn't come up with a lame excuse at all. just said plans had changed.
interesting though, following my sorry ass lead and posting in a thread about a party you didn't attend. and then using a lame ass term like 'jeesh'

so back to people that matter, Rivera sucked? odd.

Soulster

TRIBE Member
missed strong, rivera was definitely annoying with the stop start stop start stop start. c'mon man, give me a chance to dance for longer than 45 seconds!

then glaude came on, whom i've never seen before. what a crazy man! it pumped me up to just watch him! i effin love when a dj is like that with the crowd. i'm a firm believer that dj's should be just as much "performance musicians" as any other type of musician who plays an instrument. you hear that all you tribe dj's and wannabeej's?! PERFORMANCE. stop trying to look like you're *not* getting pumped up by the crowd and just fucking throw your hands up once in awhile or smile at the crowd or SOMETHING!

(sorry, tangent)

anyhoo, i loved the D-lite that Glaude dropped. :D

it was great to go out by myself and then run into so many fantastic tribers (and non tribers). SneakyP, Watcher, Toby, Kife (Kyfe? argh!), and uh... fuck... Kevin, wtf is your tribe name? Also that super duper gorgeous redhead Karen who was both superduper gorgeous AND very friendly. (fucking straight girls with boyfriends!!)

litespeed

Well-Known TRIBEr
Soulster said:
it was great to go out by myself and then run into so many fantastic tribers (and non tribers). SneakyP, Watcher, Toby, Kife (Kyfe? argh!), and uh... fuck... Kevin, wtf is your tribe name? Also that super duper gorgeous redhead Karen who was both superduper gorgeous AND very friendly. (fucking straight girls with boyfriends!!)

what about me douche bag? :p

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

tobywan

TRIBE Member
Good times last night...Fabian was warmin' things up nicely for the little bit that I saw him, and sure Rivera's set wasn't the best technically, but hey, he's fun...he got better towards the end, imo...Glaude played some big, chunky tracks...and yeah, as always, smoooookin' hawt girls all over the place inside TIL;)

Resolver

TRIBE Member
I was really digging it when Glaude was up there remixing a couple of Fleetwood Mac/Eurythmics tracks. The sound in that place is just sick. I also didn't mind dancing beside some very fine ladies all night. THEY WERE EVERYWHERE, fack I was getting whiplash! :p I even felt a couple of tush-grabbing by them, it was a great night out!

:p

Reschmitties

jUiCeR

TRIBE Member
Unbelievable night. I was actually taking my drunken lady-friend home while Rivera was spinning and I was mad about it the whole way back in the cab. In retrospect, after reading all of these terrible reviews of his set - i'm glad it worked out that way.

I got back just in time for Glaude, and let me say this - The man is absolutely crazy. The chemistry he has with the crowd is amazing. He is a true performer. Everytime he would pause the music and yell out "Put yo fuckin' hands up", everyone is the club would lose it!

My friends and I had the table next to the dj booth so I had the advantage of going wild right next to him. At some point during the night though, I couldn't handle it anymore and I shed off my blazer, hit the dance floor and joined the masses! :D

Truly a wonderful night - Can't wait for Desyn this friday!

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

nightcrawler

TRIBE Member
I am just reading the reviews on this because i really wanted to go to this event but it was a friends birthday and he is more of a pub guy than a nightclub guy.

I was really interested to see how Robbie Rivera performed. He is one of my favorite house producers, but looking at these reviews it seems as though the old addage about the best producers being the worst DJ's held true in this situation. Too bad.

Good to hear Glaude was awesome... one of my favorite DJ's by far.