• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Strong like bull, smart like streetcar...

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Chubbs

TRIBE Member
Trams are open... like theres no glass, and you can hang on the sides and stuff, where as streetcars are more like trains...

nawmean?

Lemme find some pics to clarify
 

Agatka8

TRIBE Member
But Sir... in Amsterdam there were no streetcars...they were all called trams...same in Vienna...and Poland as well.
I thought maybe the tram was an international word and a streetcar... North American name for the same thing.
 

Chubbs

TRIBE Member
Maybe it is.... Im not a tram specialist... I just always assumed that cause in san fran, they call em trams... and they are all open air kinda dealies
 

Agatka8

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by ~EasyC~
Maybe it is.... Im not a tram specialist... I just always assumed that cause in san fran, they call em trams... and they are all open air kinda dealies
well lemme see that tram then...
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Stan

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by ~EasyC~
Trams are open... like theres no glass, and you can hang on the sides and stuff, where as streetcars are more like trains...
Tram = streetcar = trolleybus

They're all different names for the same thing. In San Francisco, they have open-air streetcars just like in Amsterdam.
 

Pyrovitae

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Stan
Tram = streetcar = trolleybus

They're all different names for the same thing. In San Francisco, they have open-air streetcars just like in Amsterdam.
no, in amsterdam the trams are enclosed like our streetcars are here as agatka mentioned. i'm confused. but i think that you're right in: tram = streetcar = tram...er, = streetcar. when my uk boy was here he called the red rocket a tram so maybe it is a european thing.
 

MARCin

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Stan
Tram = streetcar = trolleybus

They're all different names for the same thing. In San Francisco, they have open-air streetcars just like in Amsterdam.
nope. trolleybus is totally different from streetcars. its just like a regular bus with regular tires, only with them antenna thingys on top like the ones streetcars have. refer to the googled pic below
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Bass-Invader

TRIBE Member
The TTC needs to scrap the whole streetcar/tram thing due to all this confusion and replace it with piggy back rides.
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Agatka8

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Pyrovitae
no, in amsterdam the trams are enclosed like our streetcars are here as agatka mentioned. i'm confused. but i think that you're right in: tram = streetcar = tram...er, = streetcar. when my uk boy was here he called the red rocket a tram so maybe it is a european thing.
Yes, I went to amsterdam...they were all closed up and they were called trams.
...i like trams....;)
 

MARCin

TRIBE Member
^^^and here's one made in my hometown.

BTW, apparently that company makes streetcars for such cities as Paris, Barcelona and Rotterdam.
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders
Top