• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Stress-free and loving it... (just wanted to share)

MoFo

TRIBE Member
These past few months have been a hard path to tread.
There has been complications and drama in almost every part of my life (including health) but I have learned to deal with it much better now.

I've realized that hardly anything stresses me out anymore. And I mean, nothing. I don't get stressed out about being late. I don't get stressed over people being negative around me. I love what I'm doing. And I don't stressed with irate family members and failed attempts at reaching out. Work is a breeze... etc...

Why reach out? Who cares? Why stress? Why make your own barriers? Be stopped by adversity? This is great! I just think and do. Acknowledge and act. No dwelling. No worrying. Nothing is impossible.

What a great feeling to not care but still care.
Just wanted to share.

I find that people get in a huge rut especially during the holidays. God knows, I've heard (and read) about all the little things like Christmas that REALLY get people down. They haven't even started shopping or their family members haven't arrived yet in town yet they are already clenching their teeth. Well, after almost grinding my jaw off, I've decided that the best way to live life is to live it. To accept people for who they whether they are assholes or saints.

Fuck it, life is too short to stress. Life is too short to care what people think of you. As long as I'm not killing anyone and I'm reasonably healthy to fulfill my goals, I'm a pretty happy camper.

Thank you all for leading me to this point in life where I feel like I'm learning more than ever. You know who you are.

Not to say that there isn't shit right now. Holy crap, there's a lot of unresolved personal stuff going on right now that would've sent me to slash my wrists before but *shrug,* I don't really care! I feel like I can just deal with it when it comes. This is gonna be a good 2004.

Anyone else got some success stories as of late? FEEL the PLUR.

zee

TRIBE Member
word sunny

it's all a matter of outlook.

not a lot has changed in my life (god knows it could be a helluva lot better), but I haven't felt as content as I do right now

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

afterglow

TRIBE Member
When I get stressed out I tend to:

a) Cry
b) Go to sleep
c) Eat chocolate
d) All of the above

I've been doing pretty good in the stress department.

Boss Hog

TRIBE Member
privat01.jpg

hi.

Chubbs

TRIBE Member
Welcome to my world sunny.

I can prolly count the amount of times I've been seriously stressed in the last 6or so years on one hand.

Such a great way to live, I dont see why more people dont go about life like I do, stress free since '93 ;)

janiecakes

TRIBE Member
I have had a very stressful last few weeks. Probably the last month or so. Huge family drama, and other stupid shit has really been getting me down lately. But I've learned over the past year and a half that things get better (I know it sounds simple, but it isn't, not for me anyway), and have been able to weather all this drama without letting it completely drag me down, by reminding myself of that.

As for day to day stresses, today I got threatened at work (by a big huge guy), and got very shaken up. So I talked about it with a couple of work friends, bought some chocolate, and then visited my nan after work for some good solid irish affection. And now I feel better.

MoFo

TRIBE Member
Aw, Jane. That's total poop.
Like I've said before, you're one of the only people I can see in that position.

Did you get physically hurt???? SCARY.

janiecakes

TRIBE Member
Sunny, it was just a threat. No physical violence whatsoever.

It's a bit of a tense environment and people can get really agitated. Chocolate and my nan made me feel better!

Thanks boss, but you'd be a busy man if you were taking out all the belligerent people I deal with! :)

Suedehead

TRIBE Member
Congrats Sunny. I am glad that you are learning to breathe! :)

Well, I have had one of the most stressful periods as of late trying to plan out/deal with my move to Montreal. Everthing is fine now but it has been pure hell these past few weeks.

mcbee

TRIBE Member
managing stress is a hard yet so so importatn thing!

congrats to those that have found a way to manage it!

for me, what helps ALOT is simply talking about it....whether it be with friends, family, my bf, my journal...saying it out loud makes it seem not so horrible and much more manageable.

plus yoga,vitamins, good sleep and a healthy dose of my kitty cat every day!!

:)sarah

lucky1

TRIBE Member
I get stressed. But curently I'm stress free and loving it as of last night 9:00 when I finished my last final of the season :D

I find talking to friends about it helps. Or taking a break from things. (ie I know I should be studying but I'm still going to meet friends for a drink)

thom100

TRIBE Member
these last couple months have been very VERY ying and yang for me. With every up comes a down.

but as for 2003 in general it has been amazing, a really good year. All the pieces are moving into place. And with the response Im getting from upcoming events, it is almost surreal. It can be almost hard to accept , 5 years of work paying off. But then again the yang could kick in at any time.

I have never been one to get too stressed, I was raised on Disney movies so I really believe everything will work out in the end.

Skipper

TRIBE Member
More people should stress about being late. There are too many inconsiderate people who don't give a shit and don't even call to say they're running late.

But back to the stress-free thoughts...

MoFo

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by lucky1
I get stressed. But curently I'm stress free and loving it as of last night 9:00 when I finished my last final of the season :D

I find talking to friends about it helps. Or taking a break from things. (ie I know I should be studying but I'm still going to meet friends for a drink)

Nah. With stress, you either feel it or you don't. And I don't.

And even with a comment like that? I don't care even the at least! I LOVE THIS!!

MoFo

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Skipper
More people should stress about being late. There are too many inconsiderate people who don't give a shit and don't even call to say they're running late.

Well, I'm talking about being late beyond your control. I sit in a lot of stopped trains each week (an hour wait last week at VP, a shuttle bus last night, a train fire etc...). I used to freak out about it Elaine-style and I get all grumpy and tired when I get to work.

Now I just listen to my music, read my book, and when I get into work 25 minutes late, I smile and say "sorry." And that's it. I walk on. No worrying. No stressin'.

I don't even need to smoke much anymore! Yay!