• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Street value of hams astronomical according to CBC

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
London, Ont., police charge man in $20K holiday ham heist

CBC News
A man has been charged after allegedly stealing $20,000 worth of ham from a refrigeration truck last week in southwestern Ontario.

London, Ont., police said a tip led them to a home on Tuesday where they arrested a 33-year-old man.

Honey-Bee Hams owner Jeff Brode said 26 of the 180 hams stolen from his company have been recovered.

The company said there was never a risk of its special honey-glaze recipe being pinched too, as the hams were untreated.

Nickolas Lister, 33, is charged with possession of stolen property under $5,000.

Police continue to investigate the whereabouts of the rest of the stolen meat.

London, Ont., police charge man in $20K holiday ham heist - Toronto - CBC News

20,000 ÷ 180 = $111.11 each ham

AND THEY ARE UNGLAZED HAMS EVEN!!!! WTF?!

I_bRAD

TRIBE Member
Well, according to their website, a ham sandwich goes for 5.46. I put 3oz of meat in a sandwich, which is probably generous if you're running a business. So lets say there is $1 of ham on a $5 sandwich. $1 for 3oz= 5.33/lb.

$111/5.33= ~21lbs, which is about right for a ham.

Either that, or there's a gram of pot stashed inside each ham

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
If they transport the honey glaze separately, it must also be outrageously expensive.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

JamesM

TRIBE Member
Me and the lady call each other hammy, and ham sandwich all the time.

so I think a millions!

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
HoneyBaked - The HoneyBaked Ham

in the US.. a10 lbs 1/2 ham sells for $78
And that's US dollars so it now equals at least $100!

Personally I have never spent more than 30 bucks on a ham, but I can't remember the last time I bought one so maybe they were way cheaper back then. Still That seems like a lot to me.

Do they actually bake it in honey? If they did that, it would be poached ham. Stewed even.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

basketballjones

TRIBE Member
the cops always over estimate the street value of illegal hams
they bust a guy with an ounce of uncut vermont style and say its value is 2000 dollars when anyone who has ever bought uncut vermont knows you can get that shit for 1100 easily.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories