• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Strangers With Candy

Lysistrata

Well-Known TRIBEr
Does nobody watch this show? I was just introduced to it, and it's got all the elements to be a stoner classic. The premise is that this former teen runaway/crack whore goes back to high school to get her diploma at the age of 46. Never mind that the actual actress--Amy Sedaris, who is David Sedaris, the author of Me Talk Pretty One Day's sister-- cannot be a day over 30. Absolutely nothing in the show is done realistically, it all hovers on the edge of absurdism. For example, the characters father is frozen is this horror pose every time we see him, but when he's off camera he does things like play the piano, take a bath and vacation in Greece.

Also, the actress who plays Eve on Angel is one of the bitchy popular high school girls.

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Evil Dynovac

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by defazman
might I like it if I am not a stoner?

HEY! DON'T YOU TRY TO GUILT ME OUT WITH YOUR 'STRAIGHT-EDGE' WAYS!!! YOU THINK YOU'RE BETTER THEN ME, DON'T YOU? WELL I GOT NEWS FOR YOU MISTER! I'VE GOT NEWS!!!

BOO-HOO-HOO!!! I CAN'T LIVE IN THIS SHAM OF A MARRIAGE ANYMORE!!! SNIFFLE-SNIFFLE! I JUST CAN'T!!!

Lysistrata

Well-Known TRIBEr
It's a Comedy Central show, I'm not sure when it's on as I saw it on a friends DVD. Perhaps they're not airing it anymore, as my internet searching rbings up 3 seasons available on DVD but no airing time...

You might like it if you're not a stoner--do you have a stoner aesthetic? If you like things that stoners tend to like, eg Monty Python, Cheech and Chong, dude Where's My Car then you might like this.

rejenerate

TRIBE Member
Amy Sedaris is turning 43 this year...she was doing the show around age 38...and there's going to be a SwC movie.

~jen

Lysistrata

Well-Known TRIBEr
Originally posted by rejenerate
Amy Sedaris is turning 43 this year...she was doing the show around age 38...and there's going to be a SwC movie.

~jen

She's that old? Wow.... even in her ridiculous Jerry get up she looks young to me.

So you obviously know about this show--do you lke it? I'm interested in other people's reactions.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

rejenerate

TRIBE Member
I think I only saw a couple of episodes years ago in the U.S...not sure it ever ran here. I remember liking it, I should search out the DVDs.

~jen

Lysistrata

Well-Known TRIBEr
So I can't reccommend anyone watch it, as it doesn't seem to be airing--like all the good shows, dammit!--but for those of you who enjoy downloaded (and thus commercial free!) TV, this would be a cool thing to check out.