• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Storm Update anyone??

Hi i'm God

TRIBE Member
That was a lame ass storm. The snow slid right off my driveway lastnight and this morning (well after smashing through the layer of ice it was easy).

I hope there’s more today to justify the ridiculous panic.

sugar

TRIBE Member
Took me 2 hours to get home last night (normally takes 1). You'd think these new Viva buses in York Region would be built to make it up and down the hills and valleys of Yonge St between Steeles & Hwy 7, but they're not. Very few cars couldn't make it, but half the buses got stuck.

Got to the office this morning and the power was out, but now it's back on :( Almost had a free day off! The 2 of us who made it in (out of 9) are of course the ones who live farthest away :rolleyes: And my feet are soaked. And I woke up every hour last night because the rain was so loud.

Ms. Fit

TRIBE Member
my feet are soaked too. i had no idea i had such crappy boots. most people made it in, but when i arrived there was a voicemail from my boss saying i could stay home:mad:

SJN

TRIBE Member
There's a huge tree branch in my backyard that took down our phone lines. On top of that there's a power cable lying across the entrance to my street -- it's a dead-end end street so nobody on my street can get their car our.

Kiera

TRIBE Member
Im totaly blowing a shit load of money next year for good boots. Couldnt afford to do it this year but theres no way Im suffering through another winter of wet feet.

kmac

TRIBE Member
My drive was pretty good last night and this morning, save for the retards who think it's safe to drive 10 km/h on single lane roads.

tobywan

TRIBE Member
Ms. Fit said:
but when i arrived there was a voicemail from my boss saying i could stay home:mad:
so there was a voicemail on your OFFICE line from your boss saying you could stay home today...wtf.

lol

notnicole

TRIBE Member
Hi i'm God said:
That was a lame ass storm. The snow slid right off my driveway lastnight and this morning (well after smashing through the layer of ice it was easy).

I hope there’s more today to justify the ridiculous panic.
agreed.

it was not nearly as bad as all the weather people were freaking out about.

i think sometimes they make it all dramatic because thats all they have to do with weather.... it's either good or bad... and when it's bad they get to talk a lot and get more screen time on TV.

m0ff

TRIBE Member
had to pack up my office because we're moving this weekend. So the boss said that once we were all packed up to head home...so here I am...back in my pajamas, at home...thinkin about a nap.

JESuX

TRIBE Member
i'm really hoping it's dead at second work tonight.

my guess is that this is purely wishful thinking.