• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Stock photography sites that sell single images?

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
I am looking to purchase some stock photography for a couple of web sites I am building and went hunting for stock houses online. I see that most stock photography places want you to sign up for monthly recurring payments, or sell minimum quantities of photos - way more than I need.

I only need 2 photographs and do not want to sign up for more than that to get them.

Anyone recommend stock photography sites that sell single images?

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
I am looking for images of a dentist office, and also a law office. I am finding it hard to find a pic of a law office that I like that isn't tooo cheesy. Maybe I should just go downtown and shoot some law office shingles myself and photoshop out the firm names....

blueshrike

TRIBE Member
I am looking for images of a dentist office, and also a law office. I am finding it hard to find a pic of a law office that I like that isn't tooo cheesy. Maybe I should just go downtown and shoot some law office shingles myself and photoshop out the firm names....
I think you can buy one offs from istockphoto.com

I've used them in the past. Lots of content. But also mostly a bit too perfect. But I guess who would want real people on their dentist web site.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

awwnaw

TRIBE Member
Yes, this is probably easier. Firstly, you have photography skills and not like this particularly complicated beyond lighting and basic angles.

Primarily however, because you're not going to get anything decent for $20 that is neutral enough but also suitable. Then if you are willing to pay a bit more for not full cheese it's extremely likely that the image will have been used for the very same purpose by a thousand other people in the category. It's a print material heavy industry, so shit tons of patient pamphlets, dental industry mags, sales materials, etc., all have the same receptionist with a fake molar sculpture behind her, or hygienist holding a suction.