• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

stock market fun

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

quantumize

TRIBE Member
Crazlegs said:
Joe this is direct evidence of why you need to get out more! ;)

no i get out now and again

last time i saw you i smoked les drogues, and i had a great time remember ! I recall drinking jacks and you were like no its too harsh....

n e wayz there are other tribers who play the TSX...

Crazlegs

TRIBE Member
quantumize said:
no i get out now and again

last time i saw you i smoked les drogues, and i had a great time remember ! I recall drinking jacks and you were like no its too harsh....

That was almost two months ago! And as for the Jack it's not too harsh it just tastes like shit ...... no on the other hand if it were tequilla I would have been all for it! :D

quantumize

TRIBE Member
^^

alright alright, i'm trying to get out more, it just never quite works out... i'll call you later on, well do something next weekend and i promise i'll get crunk

judge wopner

TRIBE Member
yeah ive been in it about 2 years now.

theres lots of information to really get a handle on things, i still get confused by how much info is out there,

good websites to follow:

for technical analysis:

www.timingthemarket.ca , click on "today's report" for free daily look at market charts.

www.paulvaneeden.com , click commentary for weekly comments on macro and gold issues

www.jsmineset.com, my bible for gold investment, updated daily with charts and commentary. brilliant.

check the message boards attached to big stocks on yahoo. there are always offered on american listings, lots of junk but you will find occasional nugett of informaiton.

read: market wizards, cant remember author, but a great great book.

be weary of anyone that says they can gaurantee you money or they have a "system" for trading.

my personal bent: gold, long term, a great holding.

be careful about bank stocks at the moment.

good luck!

T_Dot_House

TRIBE Member
Check out Liberty Global, Inc. Class C (NASDAQ: LBTYK)

Looks like a good entry to go long both fundamentally and technically.

LBTYK is basically a spin off from Liberty Media Corporation back in July 2005. Liberty Media is a holding company, which through its ownership of interests in subsidiaries and other companies, is primarily engaged in the electronic retailing, media, communications and entertainment industries. On July 21, 2005, Liberty Media spin off its cable communication division into LBTYK.

Since than LBTYK has become the largest independent cable operator outside of the U.S., with significant operations in Europe, Japan, and parts of South America. Benefiting from its leading "triple-play" (cable/telephony/broadband) offering bundle, LBTYK has seen its organic growth rate accelerate over the past year thanks to rising consumer penetration. Churn rates have also decreased. On the bottom line, operating cash flow and free cash flow have risen dramatically, as the company reaches a tipping point in terms of scale.

Moving forward, expect LBTYK will continue to benefit for the triple-play services growth in Europe. Also, it will generate significant synergy from its current and future acquisitions. The strong U.S. dollar is obviously a near-term headwind, as LBTYK reports its results in dollars. However, LBTYK's underlying business is doing just fine, its prospects are bright, and in the long run currency fluctuations will tend to even themselves out.

In terms of technical, the stock recently reversed its down trend and broke out its recent resistance levels making it a relatively good opportunity to enter.

With insiders buying shares recently and the company buying shares from the market, it’s almost the “perfect storm” for it to raise! We'll see what happens.

quantumize

TRIBE Member
i've never traded on the NASDAQ before, so far i stick to eth TSX and the TSX venture

I have done relativley well in both.

i stay away frothe message boards because if find often the information is nothing more than opinion and heresy

T_Dot_House

TRIBE Member
quantumize said:
i've never traded on the NASDAQ before, so far i stick to eth TSX and the TSX venture

I have done relativley well in both.

i stay away frothe message boards because if find often the information is nothing more than opinion and heresy

I found in the past that these exchanges are risky, but I guess it depends how much you invest. What kind of criteria do you use to trade stocks on those exchanges? Do you usually throw large sums of capital towards them? How long have you been trading?

Michlerish

Well-Known TRIBEr
quantumize said:

which in itself, pretty much determines the success or failure of a stock.

quantumize

TRIBE Member
T_Dot_House said:
What kind of criteria do you use to trade stocks on those exchanges? Do you usually throw large sums of capital towards them? How long have you been trading?

i'll follow a penny stock for a month or so and then when i think it is at the bottom of a trough i'll scoop some. I only use money that I assume is lost.

i dont day trade but i rarely hold a position longer than 10 fiscal days in the venture or TSX

quantumize

TRIBE Member
Michlerish said:
which in itself, pretty much determines the success or failure of a stock.

i would say speculation and press releases [i.e. quartlerly reports, earnings estimates, mergers, etc..] determine the price quite a bit, but mind you i'm no trader im new to this remember

Agent Smith

TRIBE Member
quantumize said:
i'll follow a penny stock for a month or so and then when i think it is at the bottom of a trough i'll scoop some. I only use money that I assume is lost.

i dont day trade but i rarely hold a position longer than 10 fiscal days in the venture or TSX

Well, you know what those financial types say: speculative investment is a great idea for the uninformed.