• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Stimulating Alternatives To Coffee?

Bumbaclat

TRIBE Member
I work minimum 70 hours a week. I have a 1 year old at home who isn't sleeping through the night. I'm a walking zombie without 5 coffees a day + 5 Hour Energy drinks. I tried to go without and it failed horribly. I fell asleep in a chair in my bosses office. I fell asleep behind the wheel for 30-40 seconds while sitting at a traffic light. I sucked at my job and couldn't talk to people. So here I am in need of serious stimulation but the coffee is literally destroying my stomach. I used to have stomach problems that went away when I started taking care of myself. What alternatives have people found worked well? I'm looking for a product that won't destroy my stomach, can be taken repeatedly all day every day and will really wake me up.

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

Bumbaclat

TRIBE Member
I joined the gym that is in my work building. I'm hoping that lunch time exercise will cut the need for 1-2 cups of coffee.

octo

TRIBE Member
that sounds rough dude. i don't have any advice. just sympathy. i've been in the same boat (minus the kid). i almost crashed one day cause i fell asleep on my way home. i would take a couple of 15 minute naps during the course of the day. i hope your kid starts sleeping properly soon.

janiecakes

TRIBE Member
i found that the rise 'n shine tea from teaopia gave a nice jolt when i was trying to drink less coffee. it seemed easy on the stomach but i don't get stomach problems from coffee. http://www.teaopia.ca/products2.cfm/ID/162/c/Loose-Leaf-Wellness-Tea

i've been there with the kid-induced sleep deprivation. it is very rough but it will end. if there is any way someone can spell you and mum off for a couple of nights of uninterrupted sleep every once in a while it will probably help as well.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Bumbaclat

TRIBE Member
if there is any way someone can spell you and mum off for a couple of nights of uninterrupted sleep every once in a while it will probably help as well.

A couple in a row would be ideal. Every once in awhile I get a good quality 8 hours of sleep but I still wake up brain dead and feeling like I fell down a flight of stairs.

janiecakes

TRIBE Member
it would probably make it easier to get you guys through until your little one is sleeping all night if you had a couple nights in a row (each) at least once a month. if you knew you would be getting that regularly it would feel calmer.

are there grandparents or friends that would do night duty every so often? is the baby able to have sleepovers with other people yet?

mingster

TRIBE Member
i feel like caffeine from tea (green tea) lasts longer and has less of a crash, therefore not requiring more coffee right away when you start crashing. it's like, more sustainable?

ian

TRIBE Member
Maybe the solution is to stop drugging yourself and start drugging the kid? ;)

Seriously though. . . do you have a partner? If so, why are you not taking turns or other arrangement so one person gets a good night sleep?

PAUZE

TRIBE Promoter
I stopped drinking tea about 4-5 mths ago. I used to be a caffeine fiend having 4-5 cups of tea or coffee a day just to get by.

Quitting smoking and doing physical activity really helped get rid of the urge to drink caffeine. Now I get up and go straight to work and drink a ton of water.

I really hated crashing at work, and wasting tons of money on caffeine products. I also had a really hard time sleeping/anxiety while I was so caffeinated.

I now sleep beautifully every night now thanks to no more tea.

You really need that rest as someone stated above. Rest and hitting the gym, swimming, biking will surely help.

jungleboy

TRIBE Promoter
"I'm looking for a product that won't destroy my stomach, can be taken...every day and will really wake me up."

That product is sleep man!

Like, you are currently treating your body like garbage.

Examine everything. Changes may appear to not be possible but...

You're heading for an early grave. Straight goods.

Therefore, adjust.

geminigirl

TRIBE Member
pm geminigirl home skillet...trust

Thanks Jason. :)

Bumbaclat, I run my own business doing night care for twins/triplets. I also do sleep consults. I teach parents how to get babies sleeping through the night - meaning 12 hours a night. I am *pretty* booked up. But shoot me an email. I can certainly see if I can give ya a few pointers. I am in the business of getting parents SLEEP! maxinesass @ telus dot blackberry dot net

Sleep dep truly sucks! Working nights for a living, I know all about it.

jungleboy

TRIBE Promoter
sleep-on-the-train.jpg

diablo

TRIBE Member
"I'm looking for a product that won't destroy my stomach, can be taken...every day and will really wake me up."
That product is sleep man!
Like, you are currently treating your body like garbage.
Examine everything. Changes may appear to not be possible but...
You're heading for an early grave. Straight goods.
Therefore, adjust.

There really is no way around it.

Human beings have been sleeping roughly eight hours a day for millions of years for a reason.