• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Stewart Walker

Agent Pdub

TRIBE Member
Great jam, Apendics shuffle really rocked it for me. Despite the transit strike turnout was better than I expected and everyone was enjoying themselves.

That space is very friendly. Kudos to the promoters of this one.

exrboy

TRIBE Promoter
I had a great time at this jam. Missed apendics shuffle :( but Stewart Walker was on point. Things started going woozy when Noah came on but I really really liked Jap's set.

Loved the venue except there was no Red Bull to be found. Thanks to Tempo and Break and Enter for putting on another great event. Hopefully the TTC strike didn't effect you guys too much.

See ya at the next one!

Ben

P.S Thanks to the guy that went to his car looking for papers.

praktik

TRIBE Member
GREAT little party!

Intrepid Traveller was setting down a pretty tight set to a small crowd, but by the 2nd half of his set the place was starting to fill up just in time for Stewart Walker.

Lord knows why it takes 5 years for this guy to throw down here - I was trying to convince some CVS'ers to come but I guess Walker just doesn't have the name recognition round these parts (and the reminder that they could catch CVS 2-4 times a year here while Shuffle and walker could take many years before returning fell on deaf ears).

Well, I must say Walker's opening track was just stellar, with a greatly satisfying dubby bassline and great percussion work. His set built really well and the shaggy-haired crazy man was looking like he was having a lot of fun...

In fact BOTH these dudes really had a blast behind their laptop screens - and I think they kind of gave the lie to the claim that laptop sets lack a "performance" aspect...

Shuffle came on and picked up tonally pretty much where Walker left off - driving, well produced techno that kept many a foot moving... I was prepared for a lot more "weirdness" given the [A]pendics.Shuffle discography and was bracing for a crowd not being receptive to it, but I guess he's geared his live sets more towards danceable rather than the fx-laden craziness we know and love him for when it comes to the EPs he's released over the years.

In fact it was almost so "straight ahead" that I found myself wanting a little bit of the weirdness he had on Helicopter Hearts and records from that era...

Anyway, great vibe and great music all night long - I'm glad the party had that nice "intimate feeling" but I also feel a little sad that more people could have been exposed to these two hardly-ever-here talents.

Here's hoping we don't have to wait another 5 years for Walker and Shuffle!

Great bookings, great night!

zoo

TRIBE Member
Sounds awesome, wish I could've gone. Walker and [a]pendics are huge HUGE draws for me. Claude Von Who?

Great to hear that B&E/T416 are doing something great in the city.

kaniz

TRIBE Member
All around I had a great time, really enjoyed Walkers set and danced up a storm for most of it. Think between him and Apendics, I enjoyed Walker the most. I liked the venue and the vibe was pretty good. My main complaint is I wish I had bought earplugs, it was painfully loud. Found myself sneaking off to the other room every few minutes to give my ears a rest.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

praktik

TRIBE Member
kaniz said:
. Found myself sneaking off to the other room every few minutes to give my ears a rest.

ya, the next day my gf was like "are your ears ringing?" - we were feeling the effects even with earplugs!

Tempo416

TRIBE Member
Thanks to everyone who braved the TTC strike and dragged their ass out to another stellar night of proper dance music. Us over here at Tempo (and I will speak for the crew at breakandenter) will continue to program interesting and unique events in this city with interesting and unique artists that need to be heard. Everyone did a fantastic job front to back and aside from a few minor glitches the night went off without a hook. Having to compete with 2 big name clubnights in the city isn't something we worry about too much, we book artists that are fresh and inspiring and stand by them everytime. We're going to keep on pushing what we believe in and hopefully you all stick with us for the ride. Thanks again for all the love and support.

Peas!

Agent Pdub

TRIBE Member
praktik said:
GREAT little party!
Shuffle came on and picked up tonally pretty much where Walker left off - driving, well produced techno that kept many a foot moving... I was prepared for a lot more "weirdness" given the [A]pendics.Shuffle discography and was bracing for a crowd not being receptive to it, but I guess he's geared his live sets more towards danceable rather than the fx-laden craziness we know and love him for when it comes to the EPs he's released over the years.

I think you have it the other way around :) Walker took over after [A]pendics shuffle who was the guy bouncing around and who ended with that country song. Walker was a bit more toned down and came on about 2:00 or so.

Adam Duke

TRIBE Member
Excellent jam - most enjoyable!

Apendics was great, but I definitely found he played more straight up than expected (or desired), but damn fine, none-the-less..

Intrepid played a super set and Walker was delicious!

nice space too - I've walked by there a hundred times and never knew there was a space back there like this!

erk

TRIBE Member
I wish I could have gone to this party. Great artists and so close to home too! Thank you work schedule. I was really interested to see what the College St. place looks like. I've walked by it many times, just haven't gone in.
Tempo keeps bringing the quality and I bet this was no exception judging from the reviews posted. Keep up the good work and I'm looking forward to the next one.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders