1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Stereo Bluetooth Headsets - Recommendations

Discussion in 'Technology' started by The Watcher, Apr 12, 2010.

1. The Watcher

The Watcher TRIBE Member

I'm in the market for a Bluetooth Stereo Headset, and looking at reviews in mags and online I'm not seeing anything all that good.

Does anyone have something worth buying? or know of a good review resource?

2. Phat Trick

Phat Trick TRIBE Promoter

I bought the Motorola S9 HD
    I'm actually pretty surprised at how good they sound. They are a bit bass heavy, but I'm used to using Shure earphones that don't 'colour' the sound.
    I bought them originally, to use with my playstation, as they also have a built in mic, but I also found that they work great with my iphone while at the gym. If you plan on running with them on, you may have problems. They'll stay in your ears, but they won't seal and the sound will leak out.
    Also, if you're using them with an iphone, not all the headphone's functions will work. Basic volume controls and call answering will work, but track selection won't.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2010
  3. SmoothOperator

SmoothOperator TRIBE Member

Nick, I bought the Plantronics "Pulsar 590A" headphones a year ago and love em.

Sound quality is decent, but where they really shine for me is just ease of use. Being wire-free when your hands are tied with a million other things is great! I also like that they came with a bluetooth transmitter for devices that don't have it built in (ie, Ipod).

Using with my iphone is great though. And I can answer calls on the fly with them. Super convenient!

[​IMG]

*edit* ONLY thing I don't like about them is the bright LED light on the side of them which blinks when turned on. It really stands out at night...which is a good thing I suppose if you want to be seen riding a bike, blading, etc.

4. Spinsah

Spinsah TRIBE Member

And you look like Robocop, which is a bonus.

5. SmoothOperator

SmoothOperator TRIBE Member

A man can dream! lol