1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Stephan Bodzin

Discussion in 'Event Reviews' started by Psyrel, Sep 2, 2010.

1. Psyrel

Psyrel TRIBE Member

It was a fun night!

- the crowd was very enegetic and hyped up, even early on
    - the opening sets were fun. Jamie Kidd's set was a bit harder than I thought it'd be but that's to be expected considering the headliner
    - Bodzin is basically amazing
    - that's a lot of gear!
    - he's very entertaining to watch, his antics are a combo of funny/WTF
    - found his live PA fun though it did get downright trancey at times
    - I really loved the last hour of his set, seemed like it was a showcase for a lot of his productions. It was what I was expecting from the live PA.

2. erika

erika TRIBE Member

Finally something!

3. Carter

Carter TRIBE Member

It was a good night, but I left feeling like it could have been better.

Really enjoyed the harder side of Jamie Kidd which got me ready for a night of good techno. When Bodzin did hit the decks he took it up another notch. It's been so long since I had been out to a night of good, hard techno and was really looking forward to his set. Started off amazing, but then, as Psyrel mentioned the trancey bits started. He would bang it out for 20 mins or more but then there would be 20 mins or so of build-up and breakdown repeated. After the third time of him just stopping me in place I called it a night. To tired from the rest of the days exploits to soldier on. This was around 330, which from the other review, sounds like I missed the best part of the night. Don't get me wrong, the place was packed and going off, condensation dripping from the ceiling, so I must of been in the minority. I got the taste I was looking for but it left me wondering what Marco is going to deliver this weekend.

4. praktik

praktik TRIBE Member

It was a blast from start to finish for me!

Stayed til the bitter end and he told of his new album coming on herzblut and an album coming out with Romboy on systematic - very exciting!

I thoroughly enjoyed his set from start to finish and never once felt like it was lacking!