• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

staying motivated to stay in shape

~Loress~

TRIBE Member
Cri said:
My friend brought me to my first class at goodlife and it was an Attack class. It was very hardcore!! and i consider myself to be in pretty good shape! dayum!!!
what was the class that you brought me to at your trapeze centre? that shit was gruelling so i cant even imagine the attack class :eek:

i'm excited for hot yoga!

geminigirl

TRIBE Member
I wish I lived in toronto and could work out with some of yous.

I have 2 friends that go to my gym and they don't usually go at the same time as me. Ah well, I still get a wicked work out.

smokeyeyes

TRIBE Member
^^ yay for workout buddies!!

i suck at remaining motivated to work out.

and believe me, at 34 i can no longer get away with not working out.(especially post pregnancy)

oh and just because i look good in clothing does not mean that i look good without clothes on and that i'm fit. this assumption annoys me to no end!!

Skipper

TRIBE Member
lol, sorry, I'm guilty of making that assumption.
I don't give a shit about being fit, I am only working out to look good. I can admit that.

Now if only I could stop being so under the weather we could go together :( We've only been once.

rubytuesday

TRIBE Member
smokeyeyes said:
oh and just because i look good in clothing does not mean that i look good without clothes on and that i'm fit. this assumption annoys me to no end!!
I get flak from people because I look skinny but it's the same deal. One day I'm just going to pull my pants down so they'll shut up. :p

I have no motivation right now either, except maybe to build some upper body muscle so people will eff off with their facking comments. I carry my weight below the belt so people think I'm tiny because I'm tall and they just see my skinny arms and neck.

IgStar

TRIBE Member
I haven't done shit in almost a week again.

I'm Captain Unmotivation....again.

at least I'm not compounding the problem by eating crap, I've been living on brown bread and soup due to my teeth hurting from a sinus cold.

so, I guess it's not too bad.

(isa - I agree fully! it's easy to *hide* areas with certain cuts of clothing....people don't GET that. it's like, dude have you SEEN my hips and ass without slimming jeans? no? than shut up!)
I'm flabby....not half as toned as I was before. and I feel like my back is bigger...my bras don't fit. :(

smokeyeyes

TRIBE Member
i hear you!
sucks that you're sick jen.

My brother wants D&I to go to St. Martin in February for a few days with him and his girlfriend - with no mini-v of course.

now i really need to hit the gym.

Poot

TRIBE Member
This defies science. I lost weight during my week away. ???

Everyday entailed pancakes/french toast/pastries/bacon/buttery scrambled eggs plus fruit, yogurt & granola, plus burgers or pizza for lunch, plus hoovering nachos and cheese, plus oodles of white bread with dinner, plus pasta and dessert, and nightly appetizers from room service, and too many chocolate bars, and pineapple juice and slushy fruit drinks and pop and and and.

I conclude my scale needs a new battery.

Skipper

TRIBE Member
how much weight are we talking about?

Since Monday, I have done one cardio session, one legs/shoulders session, a yoga class and a pilates class. tuesday seems to be my hard day where I need to hit the gym at work over lunch for weights then also make my tuesday PM cardio gym date.

tomorrow - cardio after work
friday - weights on my lunch
sat/sun - quick cardio session

I'll be STUNNED if I workout 6 days in a single week.

Poot

TRIBE Member
only a couple of lbs - but I was certain I was going to come back at least a few lbs heavier. It was a REALLY indulgent week.

I'm probably just dehydrated today, is all. Also, I keep eating (and re-buying) all the goodie bag & gingerbread house candy/treats, so I'm sure things will not hold like this much longer! :eek:

And kudos on keeping such an impressive schedule. :)

Skipper

TRIBE Member
Last night I went to the gym for 40 minutes of cardio, and I felt overwhelmed afterwards. Most often I feel good after going, but this time, I left feeling like "getting back in shape is just way too overwhelming of a project." That's so discouraging, because it makes me want to not go back.

Anyone else ever feel like this? Especially when everyone at your gym looks like they have been going there regularly for months or years while you suffer away on the bike?

geminigirl

TRIBE Member
The last couple of weeks has felt like huge effort to me as well. I made it once last week.

I am going to try and get my ass in gear this afternoon and go. I know I will feel better if I do.

I so wish I had a gym buddy.

I better get back in a better routine after the New Year.

IgStar

TRIBE Member
I haven't done jack shit in 2 weeks, except alot of walking...but that's normal here. we walk everywhere.

now, going home for a month I can be pretty damn sure I won't be working out there.

I've got to really watch my eating habits then or I'm coming back to my husband the size of a small whale.

:(

geminigirl

TRIBE Member
I lasted 30 minutes at the gym just now. I feel so tired this week.

I plan to go thursday or friday night. I seem to work out way better at night time.

rubytuesday

TRIBE Member
I'm going to start doing some strength training at home this month and then try to do some serious cardio a couple times a week at the gym (during their off hours). Spending so much time sitting in front of a computer makes me feel like my veins are petrifying. Also going to start playing squash again, I have partners which helps.

dr. claw

I started going to the gym about 6 weeks ago and have weirdly gained weight instead of losing. It doesn't appear to be a case of muscle replacing fat either because I seem to look the same. And I'm trying to do a mix of cardio and stretchy stuff.

Ah well, may as well keep going. Beats watching television, I suppose.

dyad

TRIBE Member
my every-other-day streak to the gym just hit the three week mark, which is usually what it takes to form a habit for me. Im excited. To add to the motivation I also am noticing the muscles starting to make an appearance in the mirror. Now just to remember to hit the gym while away next week.

I wonder how hard it will be to convince the YMCA in Kansas to let me in with my Toronto pass.