1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Staying in on weekends?

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by poker face, Aug 28, 2003.

1. poker face

poker face TRIBE Member

I realized the other day that I probably have not stayed in on a weekend night in over a year. I was wondering if anyone else is in the same boat as me?

I find being single it is easy to do this all the time. I imagine if I had a girlfriend I would probably rent movies and eat chips and dip every saturday night.

I am scared that before I know it I am going to have a moustache and be the "old guy" at the club.

:eek: :D

2. The Watcher

The Watcher TRIBE Member

Lee.

I go out EVERY friday, saturday, and sunday.

Been that way for over a year.

I cant fathom staying in on these nights...

It does have alot to do with being single. Once you have a girlfriend... staying in and cuddling all night in front of the TV is a great way to spend a friday or saturday.. but alas... singledom has got me in a choke hold.

Nick - Starting to feel old too.

3. DaftPunky

DaftPunky TRIBE Member

Because of where I live, the opposite is often true. There's nothing to do, so quite often you find yourself laying low.

After my visit, I don't know how anybody can manage NOT to go out on weekends. But I imagine the novelty could wear off after a while.

4. luvslife

luvslife TRIBE Member

I used to go out every single night of the weekend, but I can't do it anymore. (without copious amounts of drugs) I usually choose one.

5. lok

lok TRIBE Member

I cant because I hate living in the suburbs, I hate having to deal with the car, AND im not single :D

so staying in on the weekend has been the norm this summer, not the exception

6. kuba

kuba TRIBE Member

why exactly cant you FATHOM the thought of staying in?

I mean- it aint that hard. its actually fun sometimes too!

7. kmac

kmac TRIBE Member

I'm tiring of going out again... I go through phases during the past 10 years. One year I go out all the time, the next year I pick and choose a lot more.

I've been spending a lot more time chillin and staying in. I'm single as well but I just can't be bothered hitting up everything.

8. kuba

kuba TRIBE Member

kmac where is your location from?

9. DaftPunky

DaftPunky TRIBE Member

An old ZZ Top tune... can't remember the name. "Tush" maybe?

10. PRIMAL

PRIMAL TRIBE Member

I don't necessarily go out to a club every night on the weekend but I atleast go to other peoples houses and hang out.

I'm sick of doing the club thing every weekend.

11. R4V4G3D_SKU11S

R4V4G3D_SKU11S TRIBE Member

I go through phases as well.

I just went through a loooooong phase of not going out to clubs at all. I've been going out a bit more lately - but that's sure to change once school starts.

12. R4V4G3D_SKU11S

R4V4G3D_SKU11S TRIBE Member

Yep - a classic tune!

13. kmac

kmac TRIBE Member

Ding!

I said, Lord, take me downtown,
    I'm just lookin' for some tush.

14. mingster

mingster TRIBE Member

Going out has been pretty boring to me all summer.

I've been to the odd night, but generally, staying in with the man, or at friend's houses has been where it's at for me. I like it. Sort of.

15. noodle

noodle TRIBE Member

When I was single I used to go out and get shitfaced almost EVERYNIGHT!

When my boy and I became an item we continued the trend for a long time...we both like going out.

Over the years it widdled down to just the weekends and then to one night a week...due to a lifestyle change on both our parts (we were getting fat because of all the drinking and eating out).

Lately we've been going out a lot more for some reason (like 2-3 nights a week)...there seems to be a lot of thing that interest us these days (Hello $2 imports).

I guess what I'm trying to say is my desire to go out comes in waves.

16. Nesta

Nesta TRIBE Member

i stay in all the time. i just blaze a j and pick one of 700 movies from the dish.

17. mingster

mingster TRIBE Member

Blazing a J is key to having a nice night in at home.

18. Nesta

Nesta TRIBE Member

word!

19. lok

lok TRIBE Member

dont you guys find it somewhat distrubing that you need a J to have a good time at home?

Im quite fine jamming, playing some music, writing/composing, playing a good game, and reading sans any substances.

smoking a J is a cop out cause it makes anything bareable :)

20. Cheer Bear

Cheer Bear TRIBE Member

definately not in the same boat. :D

21. Skipper

Skipper TRIBE Member

I don't go to a club (usually) unless something of particular interest is going on. (fukhouse, someone's birthday,etc.)

I like nights in, single or not. I read, watch a movie, cook, give myself a pedicure and go to bed early. It's great waking up at 7 on a weekend and not being exhausted....I always feel guilty when I go out, drink too much and then sleep til noon. Waste of a weekend, sometimes.

22. mingster

mingster TRIBE Member

I'm a pothead. Hence, I smoke pot.

Makes sense to me.

23. tablist

tablist TRIBE Member

Yeah, I don't really find it disturbing at all. If I'm not smoking herbs, that doesn't mean I'm not having a good time.

24. lok

lok TRIBE Member

during rez this year I smoked way too much. I didnt appreciate it nearly as much.

I find it expensive to maintain an alternate sense of consciousness :)

25. mcbee

mcbee TRIBE Member

i stay in alot these days.

for lots of reasons........no money, no desire to go out, too tired, a cute boy to hang at home with.

i'm happy with the stage i'm in. once is awhile a crazy fun night out, but so is lots of of good quality time at home. i have a solo night planned at home for this saturday and i'm really looking forward to it:D

:)sarah