• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Staying in a boat in August for 11 days

Primavera

TRIBE Member
Never stayed overnight in a boat for more than one night, and even then it was a huge boat in Thailand.

Girlfriend and I and my mom/step-dad have booked a 45 foot boat rental in Vancouver in the summer. It has bedrooms and modern amenities and such.

The boat is going to be docked at the marina for the majority of the time. Just wondering thoughts on staying on a boat for a vacation?

Good? Bad?

rentboy

TRIBE Member
I've done it twice as a kid. It's great if you travel around. Just staying in a marina doesn't sound too great unless the place that you're docked in is worth exploring.

kriztian

TRIBE Member
Did it a couple of years ago on Lake Shuswap in B.C.

Was an amazing time I highly recommend it.

If you have alot people with you. You should go back to the dock halfway through and get the waste tanks pumped out halfway through.

We were on it for 2 weeks and the last two days were a bit more of an adventure when the toilets and sinks backed up.;)

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

mute79

TRIBE Member
Coincidentally I am heading out tomorrow to Guadeloupe for a week to sail the Caribbean on a 45' Dafour sloop. I will let you know about my experience when I come back.

Primavera

TRIBE Member
Coincidentally I am heading out tomorrow to Guadeloupe for a week to sail the Caribbean on a 45' Dafour sloop. I will let you know about my experience when I come back.
awesome, would love to hear about it.

So the boat is through airbnb, and with the exception of one day when the owner will take us out to an island near Vancouver, it's going to be docked in the pier around Granville Island (which is a pretty gorgeous spot).

Girlfriend and I love sailing and do it a few times a year in Toronto. My only real concern was my Mom and Stepdad who are in their mid 60's.

But hey, it's an adventure. Will definitely a more interesting experience than just renting out a condo.