• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

stats help.

s1k

TRIBE Member
can someone help me out, this is drivng me mad, hopefully there are some stats wiz in here.

so i have this research done and i have to compare the data, i need analyze it using a 95% confidence interval for level of sigfinace.

The data is of different population groups within canada, i.e english canada vs. french canada at 25% and 75% in porportions.

so when i calculated the confidence interval between the responses within the language it's no problem, because i can just use to the confidence interval for that whole group.

my problem is when comapre english responses vs. french, since they have two different confidence intervals, do i do a point estimation between the samples and find a common confidence interval?

thanks in advance.

I only scanned your question, but if I weren't neck deep in excel spreadsheets and formulae, I'd be totally willing to help ya.

Try SJN, he'll know for sure!

kyfe

TRIBE Member
are you confident your proportions are accurate?
or are your estimations skuing your samples...

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

whatsnewpussycat

TRIBE Member
Is the population variance known? Are they assumed equal, probably unequal or dependent. I have a stats book here that has formulas for all of those cases for confidence intervals.

(D'Agostino, R., Sullivan, L.M., & Beiser, A.S. (2004). Introductory Applied Biostastics. California: Brooks/Cole Thomson Learning)

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories