• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Stats Canada

VinylRach

TRIBE Promoter
Okay...i thought there was a thread about this but i can't find it. Apparently if i dont fill out my cencus i could get charged 500$?! is this for real?! i threw it out the day i got it?

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

VinylRach

TRIBE Promoter
what the hell. i'm not filling it out. I dont want people tracking me, what kind of communist society do they think this is thats retarded.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

MissBlu

TRIBE Member
You kinda have to fill it out as a Canadian Citizen. The stats are used to figure out where to place schools and health care.
Edit: among other things.

Its not a long time if you have the short survey.

We have gotten the long one twice in a row now.

JOSHB

TRIBE Member
They could always just get all your stats from Madonna, Derrik Carter, or anyone who attended the LA music awards so who fucking cares.

VinylRach

TRIBE Promoter
no its the long one....and so now that i dont have a # or whatever i have to call some nu mber, which is constantly busy. I've got better things to do, i'm sure lot sof other people will fill this out.

VinylRach

TRIBE Promoter
JOSHB said:
They could always just get all your stats from Madonna, Derrik Carter, or anyone who attended the LA music awards so who fucking cares.
well you obviously cared enough to remember what i said so stfu

Thumpr

TRIBE Member
i did the long form online and it kept asking me if i had a farm or lived on a farm or had crops and it got really annoying.

Boo

TRIBE Member
VinylRach said:
what the hell. i'm not filling it out. I dont want people tracking me, what kind of communist society do they think this is thats retarded.

do you really think you are that important that they want your personal info individually?

its the overall trend/sample they care about, how else are they supposed to know basic questions like how many people live here,their ages, background etc? Sure they could estimate using various sources, but then they 'confirm' with an accurate census.

MissBlu

TRIBE Member
VinylRach said:
no its the long one....and so now that i dont have a # or whatever i have to call some nu mber, which is constantly busy. I've got better things to do, i'm sure lot sof other people will fill this out.

Your choice.
How do you know if it was the long or short when you threw it out right away?

The long one was a half hour to fill out for four people.
Is their not a help section on the website? I am sure you are not the only person that did the same.

Many people have better things to do, but they do it.

kyfe

TRIBE Member
VinylRach said:

they just want to know the same questions tribe does,

A- are you a boy or girl?
B are you hot?

despite all your startfucking they really aren't that interested in knowing the real you, although you do sound interesting:)

Ditto Much

TRIBE Member
The revolution has already begun. Its just not going all that well and could really use your financial support. Please PM me for details on how you can help us.

Thanks
Comrad Ditto

Persephone

TRIBE Member
VinylRach said:

Better things...you mean posting on Tribe, right? ;)

Persephone

TRIBE Member
^ was that a cause you supported before trying to get out of the census, or one you just decided to go along with for the convenience factor?

VinylRach

TRIBE Promoter
just something someone sent me at work that i thought was funny...But in general i'm opposed to giving out information about myself to the government. i file my taxes, thats all they need to know.

Adam

TRIBE Member
VinylRach said:
just something someone sent me at work that i thought was funny...But in general i'm opposed to giving out information about myself to the government. i file my taxes, thats all they need to know.

You think your Census form contains too much private information, but sending them your tax information is acceptable?