• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

state of the forum

Syntax Error

Well-Known TRIBEr
it seems that it's been a year since the producers forum has come to tribe. in that time we've all learned, all grown and we've all flung shit at each other from our respective ivory towers.

however the level of intelligent, informative conversation has dramaticaly decreased as of late. you all need to stop talking out of your asses. if you can't make a thoughtfull contribution to the forum, then do us all a favor and shut the fuck up. most of us are here to learn, educate and discuss issues relevant to music production. we are not hear to measure each others cocks.

happy 1st birthday!

feel free to post your thoughts on the state of the forum.
 
Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

docta seuss

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Syntax Error

however the level of intelligent, informative conversation has dramaticaly decreased as of late. you all need to stop talking out of your asses. if you can't make a thoughtfull contribution to the forum, then do us all a favor and shut the fuck up.

"you all"?

i'm not sure you intended to make it sound as though you're the godly one, and ALL of us talk out of our asses, but if you did... :rolleyes:

a bit harsh dood, but i agree. when i made my first visit to this forum like 4 or 5 months ago, i was impressed by the level of conversation, but i have definitely seen a decline in this area. (could this be as a direct result of my presence¿)

condescension is sometimes a bit of a problem with regards to attracting new people and their ideas to the forum, much like with the politics room.

but yeah, i seem to notice the same issues popping up all the time, and it's usually the same four or five people providing any half decent comments. variety is definitely needed. spice of life they say.

really though, people come here when they have questions, or for the odd discussion on new equipment or whatever, so when people don't require any assistance, you're going to get some useless banter.

i would however, prefer a nice dumb person to share his stupid opinions over an intelligent dick head sharing his. (not aimed at anyone in particular:D)
 

db

TRIBE Member
I'd have to agree that there's a fair bit of crap getting thrown around in here. Sometimes it seems like people come here only to have their ego's stroked. This isn't a forum to show off or one up, but one to seek out and/or provide help with all things related to producing.

On that note I've provided thoughtful and constructive criticism to a number of people in this forum yet when I've posted a few tracks looking for input nobody has said a word. What gives?
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Dirt Dawg

TRIBE Member
I read whatever gets out up here, but the way ppl react to suggestions/comments, I haven't felt it worthwhile to contribute my 2 cents.


I file a motion for banning of the following thread topics:

1) Mac vs. PC bullshit
2) Pirate software morality

If we stop jocking each other on these issues, except that it's really just semantics, and actually share valuable info, this place could do us some good.

PS ppl need to talk less shit and actually make some music up in this bitch, and then post links so we can help out and grow.

Werd up my bitches

Nick
 

db

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Dirt Dawg

I file a motion for banning of the following thread topics:

1) Mac vs. PC bullshit
2) Pirate software morality

Agreed. Political crap creeps into too much of the world already -- no need for it here.
 

Humanjava

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Syntax Error
it seems that it's been a year since the producers forum has come to tribe. in that time we've all learned, all grown and we've all flung shit at each other from our respective ivory towers.

however the level of intelligent, informative conversation has dramaticaly decreased as of late. you all need to stop talking out of your asses. if you can't make a thoughtfull contribution to the forum, then do us all a favor and shut the fuck up. most of us are here to learn, educate and discuss issues relevant to music production. we are not hear to measure each others cocks.

happy 1st birthday!

feel free to post your thoughts on the state of the forum.

And this should include you getting off your tower to son!

You I can say are one of the biggest people to turn down an idea with your so called views when I have stated things that hold true velavance, yet you have not experience with some of the higher end (though I could be wrong). As I have always stated I will give an opinion and a reason why. Furthering that I only state things to let people in this forum know or better the production they do. But you rather argue that.
I rather not and dont give a flying fuck what people think if something is correct. If its wrong I listen.

So with that I refuse to argue and hope people listen with their ears instead of what is just told to them.

End!
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

physix

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by beaker
this forum definitely wins for most pathetic bickering on the board.

most notably, apparently, this thread.

;)


thank gawd for Future Producers.

actually, i have learned quite a bit here.
 
Last edited:
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Isosceles_CAT

TRIBE Promoter
Some things I feel are important to remember in the producers room:

It is also important to not state theories or opinions as fact. If you aren't sure about something, it is not a good idea to post it as fact.

Disagreement and various opinions are potentially excellent fuel for discussion, however I think it is important to avoid being rude or taking opposing opinions personally when debating.

Piracy and Mac vs PC are indeed heated discussion topics that are rarely if ever very productive, however I think 'banning' these topics from discussion is rather extreme. Lets just try to keep the posts thoughtful and referenced. That being said, trading or discussing warez is very inappropriate on a forum such as this. There are more than enough places for that elsewhere on the web.

Oh yeah, and don't feed the trolls.
 

Humanjava

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Isosceles_CAT
Some things I feel are important to remember in the producers room:

It is also important to not state theories or opinions as fact. If you aren't sure about something, it is not a good idea to post it as fact.

Disagreement and various opinions are potentially excellent fuel for discussion, however I think it is important to avoid being rude or taking opposing opinions personally when debating.

Piracy and Mac vs PC are indeed heated discussion topics that are rarely if ever very productive, however I think 'banning' these topics from discussion is rather extreme. Lets just try to keep the posts thoughtful and referenced. That being said, trading or discussing warez is very inappropriate on a forum such as this. There are more than enough places for that elsewhere on the web.

Oh yeah, and don't feed the trolls.


I agree!
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Isosceles_CAT

TRIBE Promoter
Hmmm, and another thing. Maybe we should designate this thread as the official bickering thread.

Debating technical details is one thing, but 'misunderstandings' that seem to quickly degrade into childish name calling should be moved here or to the general forum so as not to hijack the original thread.

Just a thought.
 

Syntax Error

Well-Known TRIBEr
josh that's the dumbest fucking idea i've ever heard in my life. no wonder the only living things which can stand to be exposed to your stupidity are your cats.

you need to get out more, seriously....i'm worried about you man.

cock.
 

physix

TRIBE Member
on a similar note, with this last royalty check,
i have officially rid myself of the last bootlegged
program i had on my computer.

for some reason, i was holdin' on for dear life
to my bootlegged ACID 4.0. I just bought the
full version using academic pricing for $119.

So, it's official all you bootleg haters.

Can't hate on my C-Drive!!!!!


;)
 
Top